Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

RSX Type-S VS Celica GTS

mayer
09-19-2004, 03:47 PM
i currently own a 2003 Chevy Cavalier, i really like the car, but i am thinking of changing to something better if I have the chance, what would you recommend more a Celica GTS or Type-S, i think they cost about the same, or a little more for the celica i think, i think performance wise they are very even, maybe the type-s is a little faster... but i have driven the GTS and i loved it, it pulled really hard in third gear, like it didnt stop pulling at all after 70, that is what i dont like about the cavalier. the celica sometimes i think it is tooo small, and the acura is maybe a little more elegant i think. also i think the RSX looks a little more modern, i know the specs on both and think both are great cars so i dont know what i should do.

Airgutter87
09-19-2004, 03:54 PM
0-60 gt-s is 7.3 type S is 6.7 there is quite a difference. Its all based on which car u think is better. In my opinion i like the RS-X Type S much more. I think celicas are over rated. But i used to be obsessed with integras so who knows...
My car runs 7.0 for 0-60, right in between the Type S and GT-S.

-Aaron

go for Type S :-)

mason_RsX
09-19-2004, 05:23 PM
Rsx is a far better engineered car, more hp more torque and all around better styling... one thing about the celica and its hp...the 180hp comes at 7600 rpm... and from pics I have seen the tach redlines at 7000 (that may be the gt not the gts)...either way the rsx is better bang 4 buck

and I swear this is like the 40th time somebodys compred these to on this forum...DROP IT!

civicHBsi91
09-20-2004, 12:02 AM
Rsx has a better aftermarket also and can be driven into the 13's with simple bolt on's.

I like both car's. Dont see as many GTS's out as you do the type-s.

It would be a tough choice for me.

TatII
09-20-2004, 11:46 AM
exterior i say the GTS looks better since the RSX looks like a steam pork bun. very short and very tall and around. however the interior is very nice on the RSX and it has 7 freaking fan speeds!! anyways engine wise the K20A is also a better engine. however the GT-S is around 400 lbs lighter. the car only weights 2500 lbs. even lighter then a Type R. however its goin to be harder to turbo since it has such a high compression ratio 11.5:1 and it has a returnless fuel system so you can't just throw on a FMU. so yes the RSX type S gets my vote. even though i absolutely hate the way it looks. unless your a fat guy whos always hungry for some steamed pork buns.

also for less money why not buy a WRX? new vs. new the WRX is actually 500 dollars cheaper.

NISSANSPDR
09-20-2004, 11:57 PM
Type S all day

RSX04TS
10-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Type-S all day,
The type-s looks better, faster, and more comfortable ride and seating, no complaints here bout the type-s.

The celica has no balls

Add your comment to this topic!