Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Turbocharging LS....gsr or ls tranny?

Pages : [1] 2

DeleriouS
09-19-2004, 02:16 PM
have a 95 LS teggy. i wanna know if anyone smart can tell me what tranny i should go with when i turbocharge my car. i can either keep the stock tranny, or i can put my JDM b16hyd (gsr)tranny with lightend flywheel and stage 3 clutch. I have heard two different stories. 1. the ls is better because of its wide ratio tranny and you want the for a turbocharger app because of spool. 2. i also heard from another person that i should use the gsr tranny because its close ratio and will help for faster spool up, and most factory turbocharged cars have close ratio trannys. can someone please help me with this???

civickiller
09-19-2004, 02:54 PM
whoever told you that you want the ls tranny because it will help the turbo spool is a dumbass. its simply, the goal of the game is to accerlate as fast as you can down teh 1/4 mile. now do you acclerate faster with a longer tranny or a shorter tranny.

it all depends on you too, some people like the ls tranny because they also street drive there race car and on the highway the ls is the best and easiests on gas. with the b16 being too short, some like to choose the gsr tranny because its between the b16 and ls so you get alittle faster accel then the ls and not as bad gas mileage as with the b16.

but also you gotta take into account your engine as well for example, you got a b16 tranny with small size slicks, but your ls engine only revs to 7k, because it revs so low you will go through the short gears faster and top out the tranny. someone calculated a type r tranny with a ls motor, i forget the slicks size, but like the type r topped out at 100mph which isnt a 10 sec run. there are a few caculators you can find on the internet to tell you what you would top out at, you want to be crossing the finish line at the top of 4th gear

got v-tec?
09-20-2004, 11:02 PM
^ www.autocrossing.com

it depends on how much hp you have. if you have around 300whp or less id go w/ the b16. 300 to 700 gsr. ls tranny has to long of gears unless you have alot of power, then some prefer the ls to make sure the power goes to the ground.
i have a b16hydro w/33,000 fresh rebuild w/ls 5th gear and phantom lsd for sale if interested..

forcefanajd
09-20-2004, 11:59 PM
^ www.autocrossing.com

it depends on how much hp you have. if you have around 300whp or less id go w/ the b16. 300 to 700 gsr. ls tranny has to long of gears unless you have alot of power, then some prefer the ls to make sure the power goes to the ground.
i have a b16hydro w/33,000 fresh rebuild w/ls 5th gear and phantom lsd for sale if interested..

LOL personally i liked the LS tranny....my buddy has a 95 civic wit a ls turbo swap.....gears are nice in the ls...like he said tho its all in how you like it to feel

Kven
09-21-2004, 12:07 AM
well why not integrate them? ive heard of people putting ls gears in b16 transmissions, like the 3rd and 5th gear, or something like that.

DeleriouS
09-22-2004, 08:06 PM
^ www.autocrossing.com

i am actually interested in the LSD...how much are you willing to sell it for? thanks

DeleriouS
09-22-2004, 08:07 PM
well why not integrate them? ive heard of people putting ls gears in b16 transmissions, like the 3rd and 5th gear, or something like that.

ya that is a good idea, i think i will do that...how hard would that be?

mellowboy
09-23-2004, 10:43 AM
ya that is a good idea, i think i will do that...how hard would that be?

Don't bother! Too much work. Just grab the LS tranny. IF you race someone that has the gsr trans, you'll definitely beat him for sure if you both have the same set up. You stay in a gear longer and the turbo keeps pullin you while the other guy would switch his gears already. Ls has that advantage over the gsr trans.

DeleriouS
09-23-2004, 01:46 PM
Don't bother! Too much work. Just grab the LS tranny. IF you race someone that has the gsr trans, you'll definitely beat him for sure if you both have the same set up. You stay in a gear longer and the turbo keeps pullin you while the other guy would switch his gears already. Ls has that advantage over the gsr trans.

thats what i have been thinking...i think i am just going to instal the clutch and the flywheel on the ls tranny

mellowboy
09-23-2004, 02:47 PM
yO where in illinois are you from?

tran_nsx
09-23-2004, 06:06 PM
switching trannys for an acute advantage is not worth the money, unless ur actually using it to race where every little milli sec counts. if u still want to waste ur money anyways, go with the gsr tranny, it will accelerate a tad bit quicker than the ls.

boosted331
09-23-2004, 06:44 PM

God, this is the most retarded internet honda myth that has ever been spread. A numerically higher gear means that the torque being produced by the motor is being multiplied at a greater rate than if you had a numerically lower gear. Would you race somebody from a 10 MPH roll from 4th gear, because you can stay in the gear longer and the turbo keeps pulling longer and the other guy would switch gears already? No, because that's god damn retarded thinking, and is just plain wrong.

civickiller
09-23-2004, 09:11 PM
i feel you boosted, stupid myths like that. they all say the same thing, the turbo will spool and create power, i wonder who started this myth.

it dont matter if a car is turboed or not, look at the dyno of the engine. its power band is almost like a regualr na car, dont look at it in terms of the turbo. all you gotta do is think of a stock engine, an ls engine. now which one would acclerate faster, one with a gsr trans, or one with an ls trans. the gsr trans will go faster and thats the one you want to use.

mellowboy
09-23-2004, 11:13 PM
i feel you boosted, stupid myths like that. they all say the same thing, the turbo will spool and create power, i wonder who started this myth.

DID I SAY IT'LL HELP SPOOL ??!! NO! I said it'll keep on pulling since hes stayin the same gear MEANING THE TURBO WILL CONTINUTE TO SPOOL! IT makes sense if you think about. Dude seriously i never disrespected you ever and now your goin on sayin that i'm stupid?

mellowboy
09-23-2004, 11:19 PM
No, because that's god damn retarded thinking, and is just plain wrong.

BOOST OR NO BOOST! The longer gears are still there. For an example. I raced my boy who has a gsr motor in his civic while i had my b16a in my rex at the time. I had the J1 trans. Anyways we were head to head then when i hit third gear he still on his 2nd then he switched then he pulled on me! Thats why i said he'll get that advantage when he has a longer geared tranny u stupid fuck. I didn't say it'll help spool. LS tranny is cheaper anyways so i'd rather get that. I hate ppl goin on dissing ppl thinkin they're mr. know it all callin them stupid for no reason. If somebody made a mistake...then correct them. Why insult? I oughta smack with you freight train for get'n bold wit me sOn!

got v-tec?
09-23-2004, 11:26 PM
NO PLEASE DONT GIVE OUT WRONG INFO!!

[QUOTE//
A numerically higher gear means that the torque being produced by the motor is being multiplied at a greater rate than if you had a numerically lower gear. Would you race somebody from a 10 MPH roll from 4th gear, because you can stay in the gear longer and the turbo keeps pulling longer and the other guy would switch gears already? No, because that's god damn retarded thinking, and is just plain wrong.[/QUOTE]
took the word right out of my mouth.
for example my friend w/ an integra ls w/ 75shot n2o w/ls tranny ran a 15.4@88 w/2.1 60' then the very next week he swapped in a b16 tranny and ran a 14.6@95 w/2.2 60'
im not very good at metaphores(excuse my speeling) but when you have longer gears its like racing a mountain bike in 1gear then skipping to 3rd then skipping to 5th. you could get to 5th alot faster if you went 1st then 2nd then 3rd and so on..

tran_nsx
09-23-2004, 11:28 PM
people, lets not act like children. be mature, explain ur points, and don't use name calling, this isn't the third grade forum.

mellowboy
09-23-2004, 11:35 PM
people, lets not act like children. be mature, explain ur points, and don't use name calling, this isn't the third grade forum.

Yeh no shit. PPL get'n all worked up on it.

mellowboy
09-23-2004, 11:36 PM
NO PLEASE DONT GIVE OUT WRONG INFO!!

im not very good at metaphores(excuse my speeling) but when you have longer gears its like racing a mountain bike in 1gear then skipping to 3rd then skipping to 5th. you could get to 5th alot faster if you went 1st then 2nd then 3rd and so on..

Ok but when it hits high rpm (whenever the turbo spools) doesn't it pull the car quicker?! :eek7:

got v-tec?
09-24-2004, 12:12 AM
Ok but when it hits high rpm (whenever the turbo spools) doesn't it pull the car quicker?! :eek7:
no ecausbe the the b16 and gsr tranny have alot less teeth on the gears so it will go through the gears alot quicker. for example if you have 2 integra ls's racing, one has a ls tranny and one has a b16 tranny and there both at 5000 rpms in 4th gear and they both gun it. the b16 will go throught the gear faster cause of the shorter gearing and thus bringing your speed up faster.

mellowboy
09-24-2004, 09:55 AM
one has a ls tranny and one has a b16 tranny and there both at 5000 rpms in 4th gear and they both gun it. the b16 will go throught the gear faster cause of the shorter gearing and thus bringing your speed up faster.

Yeh but that also tops out faster. I dont know ...non of this makes sense. I just know that if it was from a dead stop, the ls would have the advantage over a shorter geared tranny. Of course when it hits boost level.

DeleriouS
09-25-2004, 10:47 AM
Yeh but that also tops out faster. I dont know ...non of this makes sense. I just know that if it was from a dead stop, the ls would have the advantage over a shorter geared tranny. Of course when it hits boost level.

i go with u mellow. i am going to be using a td04 mitsu turbo setup on my car. which means that my turbo is likely to spool within 1800-2000 rpm's. WHICH MEANS that i wont need the gsr tranny because the gsr tranny also lets you rev higher correct? (dont quote me on that, but i am sure that i am right). also i dont want to have to be going into 5th gear when i am racing in the quarter mile.

also, that one guy with the NOS....i dont know how he got so high of a time the first time he raced. the first time i raced i got a 15.686 and my best 60' was 2.204. if that is really tru about the gsr tranny, then i think i would swap that in a heartbeat for an extra secondof the 1/4 time...that is a HUGE loss.

what i didnt like about racing, is that i had to go into 4th gear at and finish out in a low rpm. but i would rather do that, then be in a high rpm in the gsr tranny. anyways...who has a longer 5th gear. the LS? but there speedometer shows that they both go to 150....HMMM...anyone in a gsr reach 140mph-150mph? i reached 140mph in my ls.

DeleriouS
09-25-2004, 10:48 AM
also, mellow boy, i live in lombard, IL

mellowboy
09-25-2004, 11:15 AM
Nice! I used to have friends go to this private skool called CPSA. I dunno if you heard about it...

DeleriouS
09-25-2004, 11:50 AM
no i havnt heard of that...where you live now? we should meet up sometime

mellowboy
09-25-2004, 12:12 PM
Dude i just moved to Arizona which sucks by the way. I should be visiting around November. You know a crew called "Showspec" Thats my boys team.

DeleriouS
09-25-2004, 02:24 PM
thats cool, i have never heard of them. i am trying to start my own team. its called "DeliriouS Racing". PM me if you ever want to meet up sometime....i could get a lot of cars to come

mellowboy
09-25-2004, 03:39 PM
For sure yO :thumbsup:

XixGenuinexiX
09-26-2004, 12:10 PM
You two, have no clue about what your talking about. Why would a with tranny with higher gear's be faster for any reason? That's like saying an Civic DX tranny accelerates faster than an EX tranny on the same engine, it make no sense at all. Think about it you want to rev as quick as possible, why else would you get a lighter fly wheel, etc. while your still in second gear in your LS tranny the GSR tranny will be in 3rd in his sweet spot pulling away from you. Besides doesn't 3rd make more horsepower than 2nd?

mellowboy
09-26-2004, 12:30 PM
Ok you know when the turbo spools? Well when it spools it pulls. All that can happen while hes still in the same gear for a while longer and switch! Not only that...the shorter geared trannys top out faster. Whos gonna go into 4th or even 5th gear in a 1/4 mile?

DeleriouS
09-26-2004, 01:34 PM
You two, have no clue about what your talking about. Why would a with tranny with higher gear's be faster for any reason? That's like saying an Civic DX tranny accelerates faster than an EX tranny on the same engine, it make no sense at all. Think about it you want to rev as quick as possible, why else would you get a lighter fly wheel, etc. while your still in second gear in your LS tranny i'll be in 3rd in my sweet spot pulling away from you. Besides doesn't 3rd make more horsepower than 2nd?

lol...obviously you are the one not knowing what you are talking about. for one, i will race almost ne civic ex, or dx, and whoop the shit out of them. what do you guys do in the 1/4 modified? - 18's 19's? anyways you were wrong about the EX and DX trannys on the same engine. last time i checked the b18b and the b18c1 are TOTALY different engines. the b18c1 has a VTEC head, and higher compression pistons(10:1). the b18b has low compression pistons (9.2:1) and no VTEC head. hmmm...if you ask me...those are pretty different to me. do the math.

i go into 4th gear when i racing in the 1/4, and that is what i think kills me, because i am at a semi-low revolution.

if you ask me, i think that the 2nd gear in my LS, pulls a a lot more than 3rd gear.

tran_nsx
09-26-2004, 01:43 PM
if ur trying to pull out the hole as fast as u can, u want shorter gearing to pull u ahead quicker than the longer gears, just because the ls tranny stays in gear longer doesn't mean it is going faster. longer gearing is good for fuel economy and will reach a better at top end mph. however, it takes longer to reach this top end, this is why people with b16's switch out there 5th gear for the ls, this helps conserve fuel in freeway driving and 5th gear in the 1/4 is rarely needed.

XixGenuinexiX
09-26-2004, 05:25 PM
lol...obviously you are the one not knowing what you are talking about. for one, i will race almost ne civic ex, or dx, and whoop the shit out of them. what do you guys do in the 1/4 modified? - 18's 19's? anyways you were wrong about the EX and DX trannys on the same engine. last time i checked the b18b and the b18c1 are TOTALY different engines. the b18c1 has a VTEC head, and higher compression pistons(10:1). the b18b has low compression pistons (9.2:1) and no VTEC head. hmmm...if you ask me...those are pretty different to me. do the math.

i go into 4th gear when i racing in the 1/4, and that is what i think kills me, because i am at a semi-low revolution.

if you ask me, i think that the 2nd gear in my LS, pulls a a lot more than 3rd gear.

Reading comprehension owns you, i was doing a comparison showing that the DX's longer tranny doesn't accelerate as fast, but obviously you can't read. When have i ever stated that you couldn't beat a civic? Confused are you, i think so. How about you reread what i wrote and then come back and talk to me. Noone is arguing whether the ls has lower compression and no vtec head. We're talking about trannies here kid. What's sad is your the one that asked the questions. If you knew so much, why did you ask brainiac. Case in point, shorter gears are better for acceleration if you can't live with it, move on, and don't bother asking the question. I hate people who think they know everything and then ask a opinion, and then proceed to talk like they have a stick up their @ss when you correct them.

For the record, when i said i'll be in 3rd pulling away, i was hypothetically speaking. As in if i was in the GSR i would be pulling away from you while you'd still be in second in your LS tranny.

civickiller
09-26-2004, 07:22 PM
idk why this debate is this going on, shorter tranny is faster then longer tranny.

why do you think all the pro guys are using b16 trannys vs ls trannys, do you think they are wrong too and have no idea what they are doing. or do you think that they have tested it and found that the b16 tranny yields the best accerleration which is why they are using it.

and just because you hit 4th in the quater with your ls trans, doesnt mean that if you switch to a gsr trans that youll be at the top of 4th or going into 5th. once you do go turbo youll find that you will need slicks, and once you get slick, which are going to be bigger then your stock tires, you will find that when you put bigger tires on it makes teh gearing longer, so you ls long geared tranny, will get even longer with bigger slicks, but if you had the gsr trans it will get longer too, probably close to the ls trannys with like 24" slicks, not exact just saying.

also to help prove our point even more, why do you think the low performance ls motor came with a long tranny, while the type r motor, a high performance motor came with a short tranny. does honda not know what they are doing either ? and are they wrong and you are right ?

tran_nsx
09-26-2004, 08:35 PM
ok hopefully we got this settle which tranny is better for acceleration

DeleriouS
09-26-2004, 09:29 PM
lol...i alreay know which tranny would be faster. all i want to know is if i would top out with the b16 in the 1/4. THATS ALL I WANT TO KNOW. because i dont want to be going into 5th gear when i am racing in the 1/4.

civickiller
09-27-2004, 02:00 AM
if i were you id go with a gsr tranny. someone calculated a type r trans with i believe was 24" slicks and it turned out to be 4th at 100mph with the ls 7000 rev limit. so with a b16 tranny i would assume that with your low 7000revlimit on your ls motor, and if you use 24"slicks you will probably top out 4th gear. if you turn up the boost and get more hp you might top out the b16 tranny in 4th gear, i would suggest a gsr tranny if you can get one with 24" slicks or bigger.

let me see if i can go find one of those tranny calculators

XixGenuinexiX
09-27-2004, 12:26 PM
have a 95 LS teggy. i wanna know if anyone smart can tell me what tranny i should go with when i turbocharge my car. i can either keep the stock tranny, or i can put my JDM b16hyd (gsr)tranny with lightend flywheel and stage 3 clutch. I have heard two different stories. 1. the ls is better because of its wide ratio tranny and you want the for a turbocharger app because of spool. 2. i also heard from another person that i should use the gsr tranny because its close ratio and will help for faster spool up, and most factory turbocharged cars have close ratio trannys. can someone please help me with this???

Seems to me, now that you've been corrected and feel stupid, you decide to make it seem as you already know the answer. Nowhere in the above questions from you do i see where you asked which tranny will top out at 4 in the 1/4 mile. Maybe if you would have asked that at first someone would of kindly responded w/ the asnwer.

lol...i alreay know which tranny would be faster. all i want to know is if i would top out with the b16 in the 1/4. THATS ALL I WANT TO KNOW. because i dont want to be going into 5th gear when i am racing in the 1/4.

No need to respond in caps, especially when you didn't clearly ask what tranny would top out in 4th at the end of the 1/4 mile. Calm down there, your in no position to get loud with anybody.

DeleriouS
09-27-2004, 06:00 PM
No need to respond in caps, especially when you didn't clearly ask what tranny would top out in 4th at the end of the 1/4 mile. Calm down there, your in no position to get loud with anybody.

lol...for people who don't know what this conversation is about, "I PUT IT IN CAPS". and dont give me your "nice" bullshit. i know twice as much as you do in cars. i am not acting like i know more than you, i just need to understand a few things before i attack them. like a gsr transmission. i have looked and looked and couldn't find gear ratio's for that transmission. hense me asking it on this forum. so spare us your gay "i know everything/i am a car-god" crap...no one is impressed.

i dont want to top out at 100mph in the 1/4mile. that is a low mph to top out at in the 1/4 mile. i will be doing low-to-mid 14's. dont want that. i want mid/high 13's, and i dont really think i can accomplish that unless i swap out a few gears from the LS to the gsr.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP XixGenuinexiX, but your sarcastic opinion was not needed in this thread, everyone was getting along until you stepped in "mr. hotshot".

civickiller
09-27-2004, 06:24 PM
idk what you talking about, 100mph is mid 13s, so if you say you want mid to high 13s, then 100mph is what you want to be doing, in that case the type r tranny with 24" slicks would be the best tranny. the second choice would be the b16 tranny which top of 4th will be alittle higher then 100mph but it will work

XixGenuinexiX
09-27-2004, 07:42 PM
idk what you talking about, 100mph is mid 13s, so if you say you want mid to high 13s, then 100mph is what you want to be doing, in that case the type r tranny with 24" slicks would be the best tranny. the second choice would be the b16 tranny which top of 4th will be alittle higher then 100mph but it will work

With that being said, you clearly don't know much as you say you do. Sarcastic, actually i'm making statements no sarcasm at all. Can you seriously read? Reread your question and tell me where you stated you wanted to know which transmission will top at 4th.
:disappoin

got v-tec?
09-27-2004, 07:52 PM

thats because your 3rd gear is to long!! also if you had a b16 tranny you will be at the top of 4th in the 1/4.
another example i have is i swapped out my gsr tranny for a b16 tranny and ran .3 quicker. w/ my gsr tranny i ran consitant 14.0@97 at 7300rpm's in 4th. with my b16 tranny i was at 13.7@99 at 8100rpm's in 4th. but this was on 20"slicks
go to www.autocrossing.com and click on gearing calculator. pick your tranny and tire size, and it will show you what every gear ends at. then compare it to the gsr and b16.

DeleriouS
09-27-2004, 09:59 PM
thank you got-vtec?. Does anyone know what the ratio's are of the LS, GSR, and Type-R tranny? Thanks

also, i was looking at my manual from my integra, and it said that GSR tranny's top out at 110mph (MAX). What is the governed redline on the GSR? What is a safe redline that i can bring my LS integra(stock internals) to? Because i know that the vtec has a higher redline. I will post this in "Let's Get Technical" too.

civickiller
09-27-2004, 11:00 PM
isnt the gsr redline at 7800 or 8000, i wouldnt take my ls above teh stock rev limit whatever it is.

but what you also gotta look at is the fact that unless your gonna run street tires, your gonna have bigger tires so that will make the tranny longer too

got v-tec?
09-27-2004, 11:04 PM
94-01 US GS-R
1st 3.230
2nd 1.900
3rd 1.360
4th 1.034
5th 0.787
Final drive 4.400

94-01 US B16/type-r
1st 3.230
2nd 2.105
3rd 1.458
4th 1.107
5th 0.848
final drive 4.400

94-01 US LS
1st 3.230
2nd1.900
3rd 1.269
4th 0.066
5th 0.714
Final drive 4.266

DeleriouS
09-29-2004, 05:20 PM
i actually have a b16 JDM trans...is there a difference with gear ratios? thanks for the other ratios

mellowboy
09-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Depends on what kind of b16a trans it is.

mellowboy
09-29-2004, 05:28 PM
here...

http://www.bseries.net/html/specs/btrannyspecs.php

DeleriouS
09-30-2004, 05:22 PM
now the guy that i bought the tranny from, is saying that it is from a honda del sol...anyone know the ratios of the del sol? thanks

mellowboy
09-30-2004, 05:31 PM
Its should be on that link...

got v-tec?
09-30-2004, 07:03 PM
del sol tranny is the same as the b16/b16a2. the sol is b16a3

DeleriouS
09-30-2004, 08:09 PM
Trannny - SC4/Y21
Engine - B16A2/3
1st. - 3.230
2nd - 2.105
3rd - 1.458
4th - 1.107
5th - 0.848
Reverse - 3.000
Final Drive - 4.400

that is what i have. I am almost positive.

but what i am confused about is that the guy who i bought it from, said that I would be at 65mph in 2nd gear. But in my tranny...2nd gear = 1.900 . and i have to go all the way to redline to hit 60mph. so he doesnt know what he is talking about...right? anyways...i would rather have the LS tranny (S80/Y80) in my car rather than the SC4/Y21(del sol) tranny. thats gay.

superbluecivicsi
10-01-2004, 01:20 AM
I just want to clear some facts up.

For some reason, everyone keeps calling the Y21 B16a3 from a Del sol a JDM b16 tranny.

The y21 B16a3 tranny is a USDM tranny......hence the A3 in the end. It has the same gear ratios as the USDM B16a2 S4 tranny from a 99-00 civic si.

The only difference between the two is the fitting on the wire connector needs to be swapped around when you do the swap.

That is all :smile:

PS: I have an S4 and y21 tranny for sale. no grinds. $600 each FIRM. So cal pick up preffered, but will ship at buyers expense. ordazlee@hotmail.com :biggrin:

civickiller
10-05-2004, 01:21 AM
the tranny could go as fast as he said if his motor had a higher rev limit, with your ls you can only go to 7k but if he had that tranny on a b16, it can go all the up to 8k so you would get more speed with a b16 because of its high revlimit

DeleriouS
10-05-2004, 07:43 AM
i dont understand now, how fast could i go with this transmission if i redline at 7500rpm's....i am not getting this. do you guys think i could really hit 65mph in second gear? because that is what my buddy who i got it from, told me he went up to in second gear

GTPSPEED
10-05-2004, 03:32 PM
65 in second,man that is redlining ,so i think he is lying

tran_nsx
10-05-2004, 08:15 PM
in my ls i hit 60 in 2nd, and 90 in 3rd. well thats what the speedometer says...the speedometer isn't always accurate when accelerating, guess the only way to actually find the truth is to get a radar.

civickiller
10-06-2004, 03:21 PM
man i gotta repeat myself again. plz listen

if you have a higher revving motor you can go faster in a gear, for example. lets take tran_nsx now he said in his ls 7k revlimti he went 60 in second gear, now if he had a b16 that revved to 8.2k he would go 65 in 2nd gear.

do you guys get it or do i need to explain further ?

GTPSPEED
10-06-2004, 03:28 PM
yes but your still just about redlined,whats the point anyway,you rev that high it will only hurt your car in the long run anyway,so have fun

civickiller
10-06-2004, 03:48 PM
are all you guys under the impression that his friend ment that at 65 in 2nd gear he was at 3k crusing ? or do you think he said yeah when racing i hit 65 in 2nd gear and that the top speed he reached in 2nd gear was 65.

bostonjoe, sorry to tell you, your an idiot.

you see delerious, if you want to reach that speed in 2nd gear, then you need to rev your motor higher thats the only way unless you make the tranny longer.

now a way to make your tranny longer is to run bigger tires, the bigger the tire the longer it makes the tranny.

so to reach 65mph on 2nd gear, you either gotta rev higher or make your tranny longer with bigger tires

Add your comment to this topic!