Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anyone here running in STS/STS2/STX/STU/ect?

nbw
09-16-2004, 11:31 PM
I'm interested in the ST classes. I hear quite a few people rave about how you can mod your car so its fun to drive and fairly fast but you dont have to cut it and make a trackonly car to be competitive...

I am currious as how you guys like it. Also I'm curious to know what the hot cars are in each of the ST* classes. I hear the older civic hatches are doing really well in STS. How well are the CRX's doing in sts2 which iirc miata's and mk1mr2's also compete in...? What cars are doing well in stu and stx?
Whats the major differences between sts/2 and stu and stx? I hear stx allows you to add a LSD if your car doesnt have one but thats I remember..
What tires are doing well?
How does ST* compare to *SP for someone who wants to use their daily driver to race and hopefully be somewhat competitive localy? :p

thanks for putting up with all my random questions :p

Automatic 51
09-17-2004, 01:55 AM
from what i understand you seem to understand te classes good. ST is your basic bolt ons, intake, exhaust, strut and swaybars. brakes and pads can be changed but must be stock diameter and new wheels and tires are allowed but must have stock tranny and engine internals. STX adds LSD.

is SP you can add cams and other internals. along with larger brakes.

this is just what i understand the rules to be. i could be wrong. bassically ST is for the daily drivers who want to have some fun, and SP is a car that's street legal, but highly tuned. someone correct me if i'm wrong here. i'v eonly done 2 events so far but i'm really into it.

Jabberwocky
09-17-2004, 12:44 PM
You cannot change the engine internal or add a cam in SP. Nor can you do a big brake upgrade. The main difference is the tires. SP is faster since you can run better tires, ST is limited to street tires of 140 treadwear or more. ST is definately cheaper to run a daily driver in due to the reduced cost of tires.

While ST and SP share many similarities. ST generally allows every single rice mod you can think of, eg body kit short shifter, spoilers, fuzzy dice, etc. SP doesn't allow for much body stuff since that counts as lightening.

Add your comment to this topic!