Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No gauges, no odometer? 2000, 1500 ram

duhodge
09-16-2004, 03:49 PM
I don't get it. One day I looked down and all my guages were off and the ABS, Airbag and check engine light were on? The odometer blinks like 4 times and says "NO BUS" any ideas?

thankyou

duhodge
09-16-2004, 03:52 PM
Oh yea... while the odmeter is off it doesn't regester the miles? at all

mprtech
09-16-2004, 11:48 PM
The no bus message means the cluster is not recieving any input from the other computers. It is one of the worst problems to diagnose usually. I would recommend taking to a dealer.

BleedDodge
09-17-2004, 12:12 AM
I second that.

duhodge
09-17-2004, 08:08 PM
Well... since I purcheased the truck just 30 days ago and the dealer I bought it from said this wasn't the first time this had happened, they sold it to me without discloseing this information Iv'e decided to sue.

Sad the way America is these days but. This posed serious issues about the resale of the vehicle.

duhodge
09-17-2004, 08:10 PM
And in Ohio it's against the law

LTJGWorth
09-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Interesting

fredjacksonsan
09-19-2004, 11:15 AM
My dad is reporting that his odometer on his 1991 d150 sometimes doesn't register, but that the gauges seem to be showing normal values. Is this the same as on the 2000 mentioned above? I checked underneath and it looks like electronics for the speedo, rather than a cable. Speedo continues to register, but miles don't add. Thanks....

mprtech
09-19-2004, 03:04 PM
fred, no its not the same. You will have a mechanical speed sensor in the rear of the trans or if 4x4 in the extension housing of the transfer case. If the problem is only limited to the odometer and the speedo works, then the issue is internal to the speedo head of the cluster. I probably wouldn't worry about that. less miles the better.

fredjacksonsan
09-19-2004, 04:57 PM
That's kind of what I was thinking but wasn't sure -- no matter what sending unit (it's 2wd) is on the trans, the input is getting to the speedo. Guess that'll be a sale point if he ever sells it....thanks for the info.

duhodge
09-20-2004, 11:53 PM
Well... To my amazement the dealership I bought the dodge from was willing to give me FULL reimbursement for the dodge! We really couldn't believe it considering the responsibility wasn't on the dealership rather it was the owner that traded the vehicle in. Lesson learned and I decided to go with a Silverado fully loaded and 30k less miles for right around the same price!

whitlock
03-31-2005, 10:40 AM
I don't get it. One day I looked down and all my guages were off and the ABS, Airbag and check engine light were on? The odometer blinks like 4 times and says "NO BUS" any ideas?

thankyou

I'm not as fortunate....no dealer involved....I bought the truck at an auction... I 'v had the truck for about 3 years...NO problem for the most part.....THEN, NO BUS, all gauges inoperable w/the abs, brake, and all the "idiot" lights are on....WHAT TO DO that's not gonna cost me 1,000.00 dollars or more ??....Thanx............DW

dek139
06-16-2005, 09:52 AM
I had this problem, dealer just replaced ABS module at a cost of $520, I hope this will do it, they could not recreate the problem. so to fix it I had to drive it to them while the problem was occurring and not shut it down.. just an update 2 days later the problem came back... not the ABS module

Add your comment to this topic!