Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

frustrated

Soyo
09-14-2004, 11:37 PM
ok so lately my car will idle at about 1000 sometimes and run just fine, but then other times it jumps between 500 and death and sometime does die, and it just kind of randomly started to happen so I'm not sure whats up... also lately my car seems to lose a lot of power around 6700 rpms in 1st and at about 6400 in other gears, now I know this isn't the 5th and 6th ports because they open at like 5 I believe, and I know that power normally starts to drop off around 7k but this isn't like that at all, I mean I lose A LOT of power, its really wierd and I'm utterly confused at what this could be and I'm just really tired of it, the only somewhat idea I have is maybe it has something to do with a vaccuum leak but I'm not sure that would have anything to do with it either because I'd think I would have the problem all the time and not just like every other time or something like that... anyways someone please give me some ideas and let me know the best way of checking the problem, or even a website that may talk about something that would help... I don't know, whatever, just help!

FCsilvia
09-15-2004, 02:11 PM
could be a vacuum leak. whens the last time you changed your rubber hoses? if ever? silicon hose kits go for about $100. always a good upgrade.

Soyo
09-15-2004, 10:11 PM
yea I was thinking about that, but I wanted to check with some people that are smarter than me because I'm currently jobless(interview next week though so maybe I'll have some extra money soon) anyways thanks for the reply

DevoutWankelist
09-15-2004, 10:48 PM
Won't a dirty bac valve do that?

89tracerman
09-15-2004, 11:14 PM
how do u know when your Drive Shaft is messing up?

89tracerman
09-15-2004, 11:19 PM
This is my problem when im on a gear and i let go of the gas the car sounds like some thing scrapes under there, and when i rev high on 3rd the trany starts shaking and it continues on the rest of the gears. could it be the drive shaft? or what could it be please help me!!

Soyo
09-16-2004, 12:16 AM
bah how does that have anything to do with my problem? thread hijacker! lol

Soyo
09-25-2004, 02:54 PM
well I just got my exhaust welded back together and the woosh sound is gone and so is the power loss... wierd that a disconnected exhaust could do that!

fcdriver
09-28-2004, 03:45 AM
Racerman I'd check the trany mounts and look at your exhuast hangers as well.

89tracerman
09-28-2004, 08:35 PM
thanks but i got it fixed itr was the Driveshaft and im not racerman im tracer man but thanks

Add your comment to this topic!