Tahoe Passlock

rg500ss
09-14-2004, 08:53 PM
Does anybody know how to bypass this passlock system on my 98 Tahoe.The security light stays on quite often and sometimes it won't start at all.I want to bypass the system and forget about it.Thanks.

deepfreeze
09-23-2004, 02:26 PM
I just started having the same problem after the hurricane. In fact today I can not get my 98 Tahoe to stay running at all. The security light flashes and the engine dies right after it starts. I guess at this point I will have to go to a dealer but $$$

rg500ss
09-23-2004, 08:17 PM
I discovered mine has a remote starter.(i didn't get the remote).When you have a remote starter with this security system.you need to install a bypass for it. i found the one they installed on mine and disconnected it and now when i start i turn the key to the on position until the security light goes out( a few seconds) and the start it.I haven't had a problem since.I read that if the vehicle stalls you a supposed to turn the key on for 10 min. until the security light flashes and then turn the key off and then the vehicle should start if not repeat.This is supposed to reset the password.I don't know if this works i haven't had a problem since.

dzhali
11-25-2004, 05:38 PM
I found out simple way to disable the passlock1 prmanently. I did it on my Cavalier 96 and it works so far.
You can use it if ocasionally you are still able to start your car. All you need to do is to start the car (with your semidefective passlock sensor), and then disconnect the three wires plug (wires that run from the lock cylinder to the instrument panel) from the instrument panel while engine is running.
Engine will start the next time without any passlock "authorization", but "theft system'" light will stay on. If you do not like it, you can remove LED from the instrument cluster board.
I am not shure if the disablement will work after battery gets disconnected. Possible, that you may repeat it all over.

Add your comment to this topic!