Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What Kind of Amp???

Strickly
09-14-2004, 03:54 PM
What Up!?!?

I'm wondering what kind of amplifier I should purchase. I have a bazooka bass tube & two 6x9s and two speakers for my door panels. I would like to hook all of my speakers and sub to the amp I purchase. Now, I've been doing some reading and I've been hearing that I may need to buy two amps, one for the sub & one for the other speakers. Is there anyway around this?

What do you suggest?

Thanks,

Strickly....

Brandish
09-14-2004, 04:49 PM
You could run everything off a 4-channel amp, however you'd lose the ability to fade front/rear. Or you could find a 5-channel amp.

alesserfate
09-14-2004, 04:52 PM
get one two channel amp, and one mono amp, the mono amp for the sub, the two channel amp for the speakers, this way u'll keep the quality and have it simple

Brandish
09-14-2004, 05:21 PM
How is running a single 4-channel or 5-channel amp any less simple or of lesser quality?

alesserfate
09-14-2004, 08:38 PM
sry i didnt say it right, its not less quality what so ever, what i meant to say was you can usually get more power-for-money when buying a 2 channel amp and a mono amp then buying a 5 channel amp. cause 5 channel amps usually output around 200rms per channel, (excluding extremely expensive ones-see what i mean) and u can get a mono amp putting out around 350RMS much easier.

you have another choice of getting a HIGH POWER 2 channel amp and bridging it with a coil, so u can put 3 speakers on it, 2 speakers + 1 sub. but that would cause loss of bass level control. anyway its ur choice

peace

Add your comment to this topic!