Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Chevy SR Pick up

Roboduck
09-14-2004, 02:03 PM
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/209616New-Chevy-truck4-PS_ILL-med.jpg

I did this side view of the SR in Illy, then tried to take layers to PS to use "airbrush" to color. I tried it because of comments re: using softer, more subtle changes in color to shade, etc. Wouldn't it be great if Illy had the Airbrush capability rather than importing/exporting vector work?

Still trying to learn and appreciate the comments, critiques (especially Bonz and leemorris) which I try to use constructively.

Ra_15
09-14-2004, 02:27 PM
Very nice! I like the shadows in the rims, adds a bit of 3D to the drawing. The only thing I don't like is the windscreen which looks a bit plain. Great job overall though!

Roboduck
09-14-2004, 02:34 PM
Very nice! I like the shadows in the rims, adds a bit of 3D to the drawing. The only thing I don't like is the windscreen which looks a bit plain. Great job overall though!
Thanks.. I usually do the windshild, windows in tint because I don't like to draw interiors... unless I have to.

Jeep_Rubicon
09-14-2004, 03:38 PM
i agree with Ross and i dont noe for sure but the rear light looks weird.

bonzelite
09-15-2004, 02:10 AM
it looks really nice. the lighting is as if there is bounced light from above, sort of diffused, hitting the the floor and shining up on the side of the body. i dunno if you meant that or arrived at by happenstance. if it is serendipity, then you are allowed that.

the delicate lighting is nice. now render the glass as such, matching in lighting the scenario you have. right now, the glass stuff is not really explored. but you are doing great. the drawing is nice. and you picked a nice vehicle. i like that one.

you may want to hint at interior structures like the far a/b pillar, tops of seats, steering wheel.

Add your comment to this topic!