Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

German-built Gallardo

Hudson
09-13-2004, 09:42 PM
Does anyone know about Lamborghini Gallardos built in Germany? I found evidence that leads me to believe that Audi completed about 100 Gallardos (well after production began in Italy) in their Neckarsulm plant (where the Gallardo body-in-white comes from). Anyone have any information on this? Why did they make them in Germany? Were they built for a special purpose?

wantone
09-14-2004, 04:54 PM
I read in Autocar, I'll have to dig it up, that the first 300-500 were actually assembled in Germany. The latter ones were assembled in Italy. If memory serves me correctly, they did this first because of build issues at their Italian plant. The article also shows that cars built in Germany will come with slightly different chassis/VIN #s.

crayzayjay
09-21-2004, 06:15 PM
"Made in Neckarsulm" doesn't sound quite as good as "Made in St Agata" does it :grinno:

Menu dei Motori
09-22-2004, 11:17 AM
I read in Autocar, I'll have to dig it up, that the first 300-500 were actually assembled in Germany. The latter ones were assembled in Italy. If memory serves me correctly, they did this first because of build issues at their Italian plant. The article also shows that cars built in Germany will come with slightly different chassis/VIN #s.

your memory serves you correctly ! :-)

Add your comment to this topic!