Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Lara Croft has given us a treasure...

Matt Peckham
05-31-2001, 09:41 AM
http://www.roverworld.com/images/Lara%20Croft/Tomb-01.jpg

The new Land Rover Defender 110, Tomb Raider edition.

Can anyone beat this for the coolest machine out of the box?

They will be a limited edition vehicle for the British market only (I Think) not available in the states GRRRRRR!!!!

Please bring the Defender back to the states. Ford. Are you listening?

DVSNCYNIKL
05-31-2001, 09:58 AM
Sorry, but that is one ugly ass truck. Far from a treasure.

i_rebel
05-31-2001, 10:03 AM
I don't know Devious . . . it looks kinda ahmmmm . . . capable . . .
ya know?

DVSNCYNIKL
05-31-2001, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by i_rebel
I don't know Devious . . . it looks kinda ahmmmm . . . capable . . .
ya know?

I know about the history of these trucks. Just that to me, they look like washing machines on four wheels. Aesthetics aside, the interiors of some rovers and discoveries are almost awinspiring. Very luxurious and shit. Just fugly on the outside.

i_rebel
05-31-2001, 11:05 AM
I don't like the looks of that thing any better than you do . . . but I'm saying though, If I needed to pick a ride to traverse the unknown with . . . I'd take it!!

Well . . . if I had something to cover up all those open spaces anyway . . . don't like the idea of my head being all out in the open like that.

Not when traversing the unknown . . . lol . . .

DVSNCYNIKL
05-31-2001, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by i_rebel
I don't like the looks of that thing any better than you do . . . but I'm saying though, If I needed to pick a ride to traverse the unknown with . . . I'd take it!!

Well . . . if I had something to cover up all those open spaces anyway . . . don't like the idea of my head being all out in the open like that.

Not when traversing the unknown . . . lol . . .

How about......

http://www.zing.com/picture/p8776404cc39aa9cb28617172bb8ce8fe/fe8bbf41.gif

i_rebel
05-31-2001, 11:15 AM
looks good, but it doesn't have a winch . . . you know how much you need a winch in NYC . . . plus it only has two pair of lights, Lara Croft is rollin with like 8 pairs . . .

Matt Peckham
05-31-2001, 12:26 PM
why do you guys frequent the Rover forum? If you don't like the vehicles, why?

The Defender is utilitarian. It's not meant to dragrace, it's meant to be a beast of a workhorse, easy to fix and all that.

If you had one, you'd know why they are the most capable 4 wheel drive (within reason) I could buy 2 for the price of a hummer, and fit them in the same amount of space.

talk about what you know, the Defender you do not.

once you see the movie, hopefully, you will be a believer.

Matt

I don't venture to your G20 forums as I don't have anything to add. Likewise, you have nothing to add. Trying to build arespectable forum for owners here, it makes it hard when G20 man is posting how ugly they are, and DVKTJLRT is saying how luxurious they are. To see a real rover, visit my site. www.crossmember.com (http://www.crossmember.com)

i_rebel
05-31-2001, 12:41 PM
Easy Pecker . . .

PUT THE GUN DOWN . . . STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR . . .

Let me explain . . . rather let me not explain, it's more fun that way.

Comprehension 101.
How about you re-read the thread in its entirety and try to understand the flow of words and how they relate to the words before them. Follow?

I understand that you don't venture into the G20 forum . . . that's very nice of you, but we have ventured into this one, and chose to express our individual feelings about the vehicle in the photo. Much like your average conversation, we have all found different aspects of the topic either to our liking or to our distaste. Much like a normal conversation you disagree. However, much UNLIKE "normal" conversation, you seem to be taking it personal . . . I'd love to explain what we are saying, and what we mean, etc. . . . but guess what? That happens too often around here, and you just happened to be the last in a very long line of sensitive people.

Nobody meant to insult you or the vehicle that you obviously care very much about, at least not to the extent that it would cause you emotional discomfort . . . I'm sorry . . .

DVSNCYNIKL
05-31-2001, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Matt Peckham
why do you guys frequent the Rover forum? If you don't like the vehicles, why?

The Defender is utilitarian. It's not meant to dragrace, it's meant to be a beast of a workhorse, easy to fix and all that.

If you had one, you'd know why they are the most capable 4 wheel drive (within reason) I could buy 2 for the price of a hummer, and fit them in the same amount of space.

talk about what you know, the Defender you do not.

once you see the movie, hopefully, you will be a believer.

Matt

I don't venture to your G20 forums as I don't have anything to add. Likewise, you have nothing to add. Trying to build arespectable forum for owners here, it makes it hard when G20 man is posting how ugly they are, and DVKTJLRT is saying how luxurious they are. To see a real rover, visit my site. www.crossmember.com (http://www.crossmember.com)

First, this is an open forum. Therefore, if I have an opinion on this vehicle, I am going to say it. You don't have to like it and you don't have to agree, that's why it's my opinion. I didn't say it was garbage, just ugly. And as for what I know, I know enough to know that it is capable 4x4. At no point did I argue on it's reliablility!:rolleyes:

If you don't go into the other forums, that's your business. I go into all forums and speak what I know, opinionate on what I care, and entertain as needed.

Secondly, I didn't say I didn't like the vehicles if your read carefully. I said they look ugly. But the interiors on Range Rover, Land Rover, Discovery, Defender are very well appointed. You wanna show me things that are in a safari, go ahead, doesn't change the point that I was saying.

So your comments while trying to defend the truck, have nothing to do with my opinion on the aesthetics of the truck.

And by the way, it's DVSNCYNIKL. Thank you.:finger:

Matt Peckham
05-31-2001, 12:53 PM
I am just trying to build a community here, and it's hard when there are all these folks from the other forums who come in and add their 2 cents. Maybe I should post more technical stuff, that way there wouldn't be as much infringement into the space. It's hard to get the Rover guys to switch to a new hub, as they have been driving the same vehicle for 20some years, and have been on mailing lists for some going on 8 years.

You understand my frustration when, after seeing the awesome Xterra board, (which is just behind the G20 one in posts) that the Rover board is basically dry. I want to get this to be a place where roer owners can share information, not fight off banter from non Rover owners. I thought I'd start the discussion away from the Defender vs Hummer s#!t, and more towards a Rover focused direction. I mean, if it's a Defender forum, and you don't like Defenders, why visit it? If you don't have anything positive to add, it only hurts the fledgling communities, because a new user might surf over and see that nobody is talking about Rovers, and then leave. First impressions are everything. Please give this board a breather, and I will stay off your back.

I will be reorganizing the board a bit, in Land Rover, so be patient, and please, Land Rover love or nothing at all for the time being please.

Matt (moderator)

DVSNCYNIKL
05-31-2001, 01:10 PM
If you want comments and conversations about this, then post more topics. That being the first one I've seen, doesn't do much. I know about these vehicles and I know about their history. So don't take to heart what I say. I don't have an Xterra, yet posted supportive info. So relax and don't get on the defensive so fast.

DVSNCYNIKL
05-31-2001, 02:09 PM
One more thing I'd like to add Matt. What is going to happen when let's say someone who is a Chevy fan comes here and boasts about how his truck is better than yours, are you going to get him banned? Are you going to insult him?

If you want to get this board up and running, it will happen by the topics you cover. Our bashing or complimenting will have no bearing whatsoever on the enrollment. I've bashed a few makers already and the only thing it's done is generate responses. So think about that the next time you want ban or exclude members from this particular forum.

igor@af
05-31-2001, 02:17 PM
[You hear sirens]

STOP!

The AF Police is here.:hehe:

And let me ask you all to hear what Matt is trying to say.

Posts like "It's ugly! PERIOD" will not do any good to the community that Matt is trying to build, so please, if you have something to say, make it constructive. :)

onemerehuman
08-05-2001, 03:47 PM
The British Tomb Raider Defender is nothing more (unfortunately) than a 90 or 130 Double Cab with some checker plate metal details, roof rack, and a rattly TD5 engine

Jeepguy01
12-17-2001, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Matt Peckham
http://www.roverworld.com/images/Lara%20Croft/Tomb-01.jpg

The new Land Rover Defender 110, Tomb Raider edition.

Can anyone beat this for the coolest machine out of the box?

They will be a limited edition vehicle for the British market only (I Think) not available in the states GRRRRRR!!!!

Please bring the Defender back to the states. Ford. Are you listening?

(A) The vehicle in the photo is not "out of the box." It's been heavily modified (obviously).
(B) Someone said that there wasn't a winch on that vehicle. Are you blind or do not know what a winch is??
(C) While I don't think anybody can say that the Defender is not a capable vehicle, I don't think it's worth the money. Every Defender is handmade in Britain and costs A LOT to repair if ever involved in an accident. While bringing it back to the U.S. would cut down the cost of repairs, the new door or hood you might need might not fit the vehicle. A Wrangler IS worth the money--the repairs are relatively cheap, the vehicle is practically made to be modified, and there's more aftermarket parts for the TJ than for any other vehicle inside or outside the U.S.

joe_28
04-30-2002, 09:47 AM
Hey Matt, why are you so into making a community for rover owners when you don't even own one yourself??? Anyway, there is a fine community over at discoweb.org and expeditionexchange.com, thats probablly why you arn't seeing much of a community over here. But really, all your xterra boys are always getting pissed when people who don't own xterras come over to the xterraownersclub and try to include their opinions, and here you are trying to build an entire freakin community around a vehicle you don't own, kind of funny.

andrewscars
07-10-2005, 01:36 AM
beats the american stuff everyday...and the shape is what makes it unique...btw why do americans call them rover....rover reminds me of grandpa cars theyre different to landrovers...plus rovers gone broke now so its dead

ModifiedCars
11-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Kinda looks like a big red X...

Jaguar D-Type
11-21-2005, 12:33 PM
beats the american stuff everyday...and the shape is what makes it unique...btw why do americans call them rover....rover reminds me of grandpa cars theyre different to landrovers...plus rovers gone broke now so its dead

Have you driven the new 2007 Jeep Wrangler?

Rovers haven't been sold in North America in a very long time and some call Land Rovers and Range Rovers "Rovers" for short.

The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is very capable and has a lot of heritage. It dates back to the Willys MB. American General Eisenhower declared that World War 2 could not have been won without the Willys MB, known as "the Jeep."

check this link for the new Jeep Wrangler

New 2007 Jeep Wrangler (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=3707073)

http://www.shaef.org/images/ike4.jpg

http://www.jeep.com/wrangler/img/wr_main_4wd_6.jpg

http://www.jeep.com/wrangler/img/photo_rubicon_4.jpg

There is also the 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha

300 hp Hummer (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=380572)

http://www.lynchhummer.com/Changes/brochures/2006.h1.cover.800.jpg

RACER D12
01-13-2006, 06:36 PM
So any new info on the 2007 Defender

joe.inom
08-31-2008, 02:10 AM
Hey , i guess the Porche Ceannne jeep might beat it ?
what do you say ?

Add your comment to this topic!