Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Access to Passenger plugs - 1997

ahamlin01
09-13-2004, 09:13 AM
Hi -
I saw a similar question concerning a 1995, I am curious about a different approach.

In order to easily access the passenger plugs, can I remove the tall round canister and the platic box behind it? If I loosen the pipes on the canister, there is air that starts escaping. Will this automatically re-pressurize if I take the canister out?

I am picking up a workshop manual; is there a recommendation on ones to buy, ones to avoid?

Thank-you

Allen Hamlin

Nsparky
09-17-2004, 03:58 PM
The canister should be you AC so you will have to recharge it, not sure about your plastic box. I like Haynes and Chilton for repair manuals. Haynes is good for machanical but Chilton seems to have more electrical schematics. On my 96' its tough to get to the plugs but take your time and you can without removing anything.

brokesilverado
09-21-2004, 03:12 PM
sometimes if you remove the pasenger side front tire you can get to the plugs that way or from under the vehical. i prefer to use haynes manuals they are easy to read and have good photos that show you claerly what to look for.

Methodical
10-27-2004, 04:20 AM
When i did it, it was way easy by taking off the tire, and removing the flap that keeps stuff from flying into the engine bay.

Add your comment to this topic!