Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

After Market Stereo for J30???

kyuj30
09-13-2004, 05:20 AM
Recently, my Bose stereo doesn't play CD, and according to the dealer, is because of CD-R (burn CDs). Does anyone have this problem? Please help !!! I was thinking of purchasing a new kenwood single-deck head unit that I saw on sale for around 40 bucks, but when I drove down there, the guy said I will need to replace the amp and the speakers enable to have it to work, and the total came out to around 300 bucks!!!Do I really have to have the amp and speakers replace if I decides to use the aftermarket head unit? Does anyone know if there is any aftermarket head unit that I can use without requiring me to change the amp and the speakers.

And does anyone know, will the clarion CD-Changer (DCZ625, or DC625) be compatible with the Bose stereo. I would like to use the Bose CD changer control button to control the CD-Changer.

rebar71
09-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Mine had trouble playing burned CDs too - until the unit completeley died and I sent it in for repair to the guys at carstereohelp.com - now it plays anything and everything!

If you want to replace the factory unit, check here for what you need:

http://www.fuzzycats.com/docs/bose_replacement.pdf

You can use the existing speakers, but you'll need an adapter that is described in the linked article above.

Phil0968
12-12-2004, 01:37 PM
I just went through this same problem with my J30. The reason why you need to have ur speakers replaced is because on the stock BOSE system the speakers each have their own amplifier on them which runs to the head unit. If you go after market you need to install an amplifier to run the head unit and to hook up the speakers they cannot have their own individual amp. So you have to get after market speakers as well. Should u decide to go that route make sure you do your research. My installation alone cost me more then my equipment and i was installing a kenwood deck with rockford speakers and amp. Hope this helps u out

Nahkapohjola
12-13-2004, 04:14 AM
I just went through this same problem with my J30. The reason why you need to have ur speakers replaced is because on the stock BOSE system the speakers each have their own amplifier on them which runs to the head unit. If you go after market you need to install an amplifier to run the head unit and to hook up the speakers they cannot have their own individual amp. So you have to get after market speakers as well. Should u decide to go that route make sure you do your research. My installation alone cost me more then my equipment and i was installing a kenwood deck with rockford speakers and amp. Hope this helps u out

Patch 22:
Open speakers, connect stereo wires directly to speakers if theyre ok. Install your new player... This will not surely satisfy my son or other hifi men, but then, why not buy a new car also?

Phil0968
12-15-2004, 07:43 PM
Patch 22:
Open speakers, connect stereo wires directly to speakers if theyre ok. Install your new player... This will not surely satisfy my son or other hifi men, but then, why not buy a new car also?

Naw my system was actually cheap and not worth buying the new car. The installation is what hit me hard in the pockets. I have about a $1300 system that i got for about $350 so i think im doing well considering i have all rockford stuff save for my kenwood deck.

Add your comment to this topic!