Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2.4L (2RZFE) Supercharger?

lifetrddeath
09-13-2004, 12:02 AM
If I'm not mistaken I could have sworn TRD made/makes a supercharger for this engine. I think I even saw it in a PerformanceProduct catalog for something like $2970.95. Kinda lame when you can get the supercharger for the 3.4L for $1000 less from toyotaproducts4u.com. Only they don't offer the 2.4L version and I'd really like to find it for right around 2 grand or less if possible. Anyone know where I can find it? Also, I've heard an aftermarket differential is recommended in conjunction...any thoughts?

Brian R.
09-13-2004, 12:26 AM
Keep checking on Ebay.

OBATDDSD
09-17-2004, 01:51 PM
I believe the 2.7 and 2.4 are the same s/c but the accessories are different. TRD stopped selling this application a while ago. SA Alpine developements was making them for TRD. In fact they are right down the street from TRD in Calif. Trd no longer supports 2.4/2.7 s/c application. SA Alpine Developments at 714 3798066 Jon Conchie/owner. He is the one who originally developed the unit. If you under $2k try ebay like mentioned before. Also try the Toyota specific forums such as customtacos.com, yotatech.com and tacoma territory. More so on customtacos. What I've read their members have done the most in regards to turbos and s/c. 4wd and 2wd. Do a search on their sites. You will see my name come up a few times. There is so much more to it than just bolting an s/c. I'm about to install bigger fuel injectors and a different piggy back computer for my 2.7 s/c application. Hope you have $$$$$$$$$

vuthie
09-18-2004, 12:57 AM
go turbo....free hp, you can run more boost which equals more power, plus can be done cheaper than a 2.4/2.7 s/c

Add your comment to this topic!