Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I almost got it

KaMaKaZiPyRo
09-12-2004, 06:23 PM
Ok heres my situation again, my car had no spark and would turn over but wouldnt start. Then I replaced the ignitor coil and it ran fine for about a day, but I had noticed that everytime I had went to start it up it would take longer and longer to start, till finally it wouldnt start, but it still turns over though. Any one have ne idea what would cause this? O ya also im still not getin any spark again, so I dunno what the deal is, I checked the ICM and thats good. The cap, rotor, wires, and plugs are new and the rotor does spon when i try to start it. Anyone know how I could hot wire it or sumthing? O ya and I have a crx hf ECU if that matters.

public
09-12-2004, 07:18 PM
What type of car? What engine?

KaMaKaZiPyRo
09-12-2004, 07:55 PM
its a 91 hatch with a ZC DOHC motor 89'

public
09-15-2004, 03:58 PM
Do you assume that everyone knows what you drive? You have not even mentioned the manufacturer. I can think of a couple of ""Z" motoer from 1989, and many hatch backs. I would really like to help.

KaMaKaZiPyRo
09-15-2004, 04:28 PM
o sorry, a 1991 honda civic hatchback with a DOHC ZC motor from an 1989 acura integra 1.6L...i just wanna make it a lil more simple. My car had no spark before and didnt start, t turned but didnt start up and then i replaced the coil and it started and ran for a good day, but i noticed that everytime i went to start the car up again it would take longer and longer to start until i got out and came back to start it and i pumped the gas when tryin to start it and white smoke came out of my air intake, but it still wouldnt start, just turns over and im not gettin spark again.

Accuracy*1
09-15-2004, 05:59 PM
I had a similer prob... and i replaced the whole distributor and boom prob fixed... also make sure your plug wires are in the right order ?? but other then that i am stumped..

public
09-15-2004, 07:25 PM
First I would recheck if not replace all the plug and coil wire connections. You may have a bad coil wire that performed okay after you moved it to replace the coil. As for the smoke??? White smoke is usually antifreeze. Kinda odd for it to come out of the intake. ???? Good Luck.

KaMaKaZiPyRo
09-15-2004, 08:39 PM
alright, ill do all that then ill keep ya updated.

Add your comment to this topic!