install a pioneer cd player into a 2004 colorado

lk2064
09-12-2004, 05:41 PM
how do i go about installing a pioneer cd player into a 2004 colorado, are there any wirning harnesses out for this truck yet, or dash mounting brackets, any info would be great, has anybody here installed an after market deck into a colorado yet?

broughy84
09-14-2004, 04:49 PM
why do you want to???? If it is new, why didn't you order it with what you wanted? I don't think there are any dash fillers or harnesses out yet, but not absolutely for certain. Call GM Dealer to be sure.

lk2064
09-14-2004, 05:27 PM
i did get everything i wanted, except for a 1200 watt amp and 2 12" subs,lol, thats the purpose of wanting to put a pioneer deck in there, so i can hook up my big system and make this colorado pound, i already have factory cd, but i can't hook all that stuff up to it, because it has no RCA pre-outs, plus my pioneer has 3-d display, looks better., i asked a gm dealer, and they weren't too sure what i would need, they told me to go to a car stereo shop. so maybe there is nothin yet, i guess i'll just have to wait until warrenty runs out, then hack at myself, i'm sure its no prob, but just wanted to see if there were any secrets about hooking up anything aftermarket.

maty111
10-21-2004, 10:49 PM
I just had a kenwood head unit installed in my canyon. You do need a special wiring harness, and they are out on the market. It cost approx $50. I guess, the factory head unit, instead of sending constant power to turn something on it sends a pulse. so you need a harness that converts that "signal". My head unit is actually a touch screen tv so it took up the whole space but if a wire harness is out im sure there is a dash kit.

lk2064
10-22-2004, 07:13 PM
thanx for the info, wherre did you get the harness? are you in canada or the U.S., i'm really interested in getting a harness, i miss my bass.

East Ridge A/V
10-22-2004, 09:59 PM
The new truck have a Class-2 data-bus radio. Which means that the computer of the truck runs through the radio on to the next part of the truck. If you remove the radio you brake the chain, thus anything there after it can not be monitored by the cumputer. You NEED a Data-bus Integration Module for your radio installation. This will keep the truck in order as-if you never removed the radio.

maty111
10-24-2004, 05:37 PM
I got my harness through a auto electronics distributer, Amp of America

chrisk19938
10-30-2004, 09:00 PM
matty111 did you use the kenwood touch screen? I was thinking that myself. GOT PICS?

OH the STOCK stereo is the WORST stereo i have EVER heard. thats why you would wanna replace the radio...

Chris

lk2064
10-31-2004, 09:44 AM
do you have radio/cd or just the radioi had the plain old radio when i first got the truck, but got them to throw in a cd player and it sounds ten times better, although soon that cd player is comin out so i can put in the big stuff, t.v/ps2, huge sound system, should be great, so if your lookin for a factory cd player ley me know

chrisk19938
10-31-2004, 04:07 PM
I have a cd/radio the speakers in the truck SUCK so bad I hate them. NO BASS AT ALL! I am eventually gonna rip the whole stereo out. I was thinking of getting my buddy to install a kenwood touch screen+ nav system. about 3g's the nav can wait. but the radio/cd player it top notch. touch screen and FILLS the whole stereo opening. I measured it a while ago.

mikey10
12-29-2004, 01:05 PM
how do i go about installing a pioneer cd player into a 2004 colorado, are there any wirning harnesses out for this truck yet, or dash mounting brackets, any info would be great, has anybody here installed an after market deck into a colorado yet?
go to crutchfield.com. they'll show you a wiring harness that is needed to keep the interior (lights on, key in, etc.) tone active. It icludes a buzzer that works for these functions. Since the tones are incorporated into you factory radio now you'll need this harness. I don't think that it will support XM radio though.
Mike

Bob La Londe
01-10-2005, 11:44 AM
I got my harness through a auto electronics distributer, Amp of America

I thought the stock CD stereo sounded pretty decent. You can't crank the bass, but I hate those people who pull up at a light and think its cool to assault evberybody around them with 2000 watts of bass thump.

xtrememeasures10
04-12-2005, 07:09 AM
I thought the stock CD stereo sounded pretty decent. You can't crank the bass, but I hate those people who pull up at a light and think its cool to assault evberybody around them with 2000 watts of bass thump.

Go to best buy. They have all the harnesses, dash kits and will have your pioneer xm kit.

Gammey3
04-13-2005, 01:31 AM
why do you want to???? If it is new, why didn't you order it with what you wanted? I don't think there are any dash fillers or harnesses out yet, but not absolutely for certain. Call GM Dealer to be sure.

The factory CD players have really shown themselves to be worthless, I've already had to replace one and the second is already messing up, if I had the extra money I would love to replace it with an aftermarket.

Add your comment to this topic!