Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Muhahahahaha!!!!

RedLightning
09-11-2004, 04:05 PM
muhhahahahahha, first post, well I just wanted to say that i love this car!

M3FordBoy
09-15-2004, 03:38 PM
:iagree: 100% can't wait till I can buy one or a model of one at least.

jyot soni
10-25-2004, 11:12 AM
:iagree: 100% can't wait till I can buy one or a model of one at least.

hey do any of u guys know where can i buy the ford gt 1:18 models other than in e bay and amazon. do any of the retail stores have the model yet or not. i wanted to make collection of rare ones. so far i have 1 red enzo and 1 yellow gallardo{ just started last month}. any help would be appreciative. thanks.

jyot soni
11-05-2004, 01:31 PM
hell of a nice car ::: for those who hate ford products show me any european car that would go 205mph for $150,000. and best 0-60 in 3.3{ car and driver } absolutely one of the best looking car in the world.

KingCalibra
11-22-2004, 11:47 AM
"I think your hemi is broken"
Well, at least a Hemi doesn't need a blower to haul ass. And if you were to slap a blower on a Hemi powered ANYTHING, it would whip the snot out of your little Lightning....

(P.S. Muhahahahaha!!!! (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2489837#post2489837))

M3FordBoy
11-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Well, at least a Hemi doesn't need a blower to haul ass. And if you were to slap a blower on a Hemi powered ANYTHING, it would whip the snot out of your little Lightning....

(P.S. Muhahahahaha!!!! (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2489837#post2489837))

Um ya, His Lightning is faster than a stock Hemi and doesn't have a blower. And if you put a blower on a Hemi truck I still don't think it would be faster. Your Srt-10 is barely faster.

Fullyinvolved
12-07-2004, 08:18 PM
Hey, here is an idea!! Lets take our over rated Viper V-10 that we put in any thing we think is special(including a motorcycle concept!?). Then lets compare it to a V8. Now lets all bitch that the V8 (which is after all being compared to a V10!) has a blower. Then lets let the Lightning get priced $10,000 less than the ram, and in the 05' line up have the same ponys, and torque. Then lets let some misguided dodge fan post a wise crack about the lightning (on a Ford forum!). WOW.

RedLightning
12-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Um ya, His Lightning is faster than a stock Hemi and doesn't have a blower. And if you put a blower on a Hemi truck I still don't think it would be faster. Your Srt-10 is barely faster.

Yea, its really funny. Ive heard of SRT-10 Rams that go as slow as 14sec 1/4mi. Of course ive also seen times of 13sec.

M3FordBoy
12-08-2004, 09:32 PM
^You changed your name cool. That one suits you better. :) Ya I read this a post on another web site a Lightning owner said he raced two Srt-10s at the local drag strip and beat both of them they both just sat at the line roasting their tires. :grinno:

RedLightning
12-09-2004, 05:38 PM
^You changed your name cool. That one suits you better. :)

Gee wiz. Thanks! Yea, my last one was quite bad.

Samurai75007
12-15-2004, 08:52 PM
This is being talked about in a viper forum that I am a member of. Anyway there is a pic of a magazine article that has the two head to head where the viper wins. 1/4 Viper-11.77, Ford GT-11.78. yes I know a tenth of a secant but that can also be true with both cars, and drivers but still 0-60 Viper- 3.3, Ford GT- 3.6.

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/6400SRT_VS_GT_MAG-med.JPG

RedLightning
12-15-2004, 08:56 PM
thats the biggist load of crap, the streat viper only goes to 60 in 3.9 secons, the ford gt got to 3.3sec. Pluss the only test ive seen had them about the same with the ford winning.(it was non biased as in not from a dodge site)

Samurai75007
12-15-2004, 09:15 PM
Did you look at the pic? its from motortrend's mag. they are not Dodge.

Fullyinvolved
12-17-2004, 11:17 AM
http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/5..._GT_MAG-med.JPG

It might just be my computer, but I tried to go there and all it brought up was a blank screen.By the way, you say this was what mag????

RedLightning
12-18-2004, 02:42 PM
I believe i got that from motor trend, but anyways the fastest ive ever heard of froma stock viper is 3.9sec-60

M3FordBoy
12-18-2004, 03:21 PM
^ Thats the fastest i've heard to for 0-60 of a srt-10. And i'm looking at a Motor Trend mag right now and thats what it says.

Demon_Mustang
03-25-2005, 03:27 AM
samurai wrote:
"This is being talked about in a viper forum that I am a member of. Anyway there is a pic of a magazine article that has the two head to head where the viper wins. 1/4 Viper-11.77, Ford GT-11.78. yes I know a tenth of a secant but that can also be true with both cars, and drivers but still 0-60 Viper- 3.3, Ford GT- 3.6."

psst, Car & Driver has the Ford GT 0-60 in 3.3 seconds and 1/4 in 11.6 seconds. Looks like the driver of the GT in Motor Trend just can't drive. :biggrin:

Also, just in case this little detail isn't clear. Sure the GT has a supercharger, but it's a 5.4L matching or beating a 8.28L.

I don't think it's very common for just a s/c to compensate for almost 3L of displacement and spread out over 2 more cylinders to boot...

The Dodge Viper really needs to get its act together...

Demon_Mustang
03-25-2005, 03:33 AM
Oh, BTW samurai, get your eyes checked. This is the Motor Trend article you were referring to:
Viper vs. GT (http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0401_vipandgt/index5.html)

I have this issue, and it clearly says the Viper did 0-60mph in 3.9 seconds, not 3.3, you're remembering the Ford GT's time according to Car & Driver Vol. 49 No. 7 article entitled "Judgment Day!" Or Megastars on their website. :biggrin:

Samurai75007
03-25-2005, 09:20 AM
Why did you open a 3-month-old Thread? I see that in the original photo that I put on here has the viper for 3.9. Also on supercars.net has the viper for 4.1. Different testers have different times due to different drivers. So again why bring this up this thread hadn’t been posted in for 3 months?

Demon_Mustang
03-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Um... because there is only like, FOUR threads in this entire GT forum, and this was actually one of the ones higher on the list...

You act like I went through pages of threads to find this one...

Besides, it's obvious different testers got different results, but you refered to the Motor Trend article that compared the two. I have that article, and you cited the wrong numbers, simple as that.

Samurai75007
03-27-2005, 08:07 PM
I put a photo up anyone could check it there.

Demon_Mustang
03-27-2005, 08:51 PM
samurai, when you click on the link, all you see is a viper logo.

Also, sorry to tell you this, but if it says the Viper did 0-60 in 3.3 seconds in that photo, then the people at Viperclub.org or whatever it is, altered the image, because I HAVE THAT MAGAZINE WITH THAT ARTICLE, and it DOES NOT SAY IT!

Here is a link to the article, not posted on some Viper fan site, but posted by Motor Trend themselves:

Viper vs. GT results (http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0401_vipandgt/index5.html)

Now, in the UNALTERED table, it clearly states that the Viper did 0-60 in 3.9 seconds. Sorry dude, but your viper fan website is lying to you.

Samurai75007
03-27-2005, 09:00 PM
I don’t see a viper logo when I click on the link; I see a photo of the article. I am sure that I to have the article as well as many others that put so many more cars to the test against the GT, but anyway I corrected myself before. I am sorry O god of all things FORD. I STILL WOULDENT BUY A FUCKING FORD!!! Leave it at that.

Demon_Mustang
03-27-2005, 10:37 PM
samurai, don't know how much you know about computers, but you see the image because it's already in your cache. That website does not allow remote linking, so others trying to go to it through an outside link will get a generic image. That's what we see.

Anyway, it's funny that you are talking bad about Ford when everyone I know whow as stupid enough to buy anything from Chrysler, including Dodge, has had nothing but problems with their car. Especially the transmission.

So hey, knock yourself out going to a viper forum to see altered images so they can blow smoke up your ass and make you feel good about your Viper with it's engine big enough to crank over 800hp, but in reality only getting 500 at the crank. Yep, perfect example of Dodge efficiency. :iceslolan

Just in case you didn't know, Ford has a n/a 6.4L V10 cranking out over 605bhp. That's 1.8L less displacement, and more than 100 more horsepower, just in case you were about to cite the supercharger in the 5.4L that is magically making up almost 3L of displacement difference. Power adders HELP, but nothing should beat sheer displacement, well, I guess Dodge proved that wrong, lol.

Samurai75007
03-27-2005, 10:50 PM
I dont have a viper and never said that I did.

Samurai75007
03-27-2005, 11:13 PM
So $170,000 is the cheapest Ford GT on E-bay right now. You can walk into your local dodge with $80 cash. So you saved $90k for .6 seconds or so slower. For that you can buy another one or get 0-60: 2.43 sec Venom 800 Twin Turbo Upgrade for $42,000. And still have enough to get a really nice car to drive around in on bad weather days. Where if you had the GT you only had that if you could find one.

Demon_Mustang
03-28-2005, 12:33 AM
Hell, in THAT case, we should all just spend $800 on an old DSM and supe it up so it'll do 10-second quarter miles! Man, that's better than the Ferrari Enzo, GT, AND Viper all at once! :iceslolan

Edit: In case you don't get it. If you were on a budget, you wouldn't be buying the Ford GT OR the Viper. Both cars are for people WITH money who would buy it for more than simple performance. Trust me, anyone who has enough money to buy a Ford GT can probably afford to buy several if he/she was intending on spending all of his/her money...

If you want cheap performance, go out and get yourself an old 1988 5.0 Mustang for about $2k and put about $10k in the engine and you'd be doing 8-second quarter miles. When you get to these types of cars, you are buying it for a lot more than simple speed.

My gripe with Dodge is that they SHOULD have been able to accomplish 500hp with a much smaller engine and ended up saving a whole lot of weight. They don't seem to be able to, the Viper is their "best" and it can barely compete.

But hey, if you get your facts from doctored images posted in some Viper fan site, then I guess you have plenty of reason to believe that Dodge is the greatest company and the Viper is the ultimate sports car. More power to you, you can like whatever the hell you want, just don't go around posting fake information.

I'm sure if I go over to the Viper forums and tell them that the Ford GT can do 0-60 in 1.9 seconds and 1.2g on the skidpad, I'm sure to be an idiot! :biggrin:

Samurai75007
03-28-2005, 01:04 AM
"My gripe with Dodge is that they SHOULD have been able to accomplish 500hp with a much smaller engine and ended up saving a whole lot of weight. They don't seem to be able to, the Viper is their "best" and it can barely compete."

Don’t get me wrong I don’t like Dodge ether, and yes they should get more power out of an engine that big. The new SRT-8 is a 6.1lr N/A putting out 425hp. (forgot how big the viper is). They should have better cars.

"But hey, if you get your facts from doctored images posted in some Viper fan site"

Again I said earlier that I was wrong about the numbers. It wasn’t doctored it was too small to read.

Demon_Mustang
03-28-2005, 01:20 AM
"It wasn’t doctored it was too small to read."

hehe, ok then, I apologize for jumping the gun, but it would have been funnier if they had doctored the image, lol. Like I said, the image doesn't work for me because of the whole stupid remote linking thing that server has. For everyone who has already seen the picture on their computer and it is still stored in the cache, it will work, but for everyone else, they get a Viper logo...

But anyway, I didn't actually see it from the pic, but I do have the magazine, no two cars are made alike I guess since Car and Driver's numbers were better, and I know there have been even better numbers for the GT by other people, but who knows...

jcsaleen
04-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Very nice car. But already has a recall :lol:

Demon_Mustang
04-05-2005, 12:46 AM
Yah, something about the A bar not being strong enough to support 1.5 times the weight of the car like it's supposed to. Or something like that.

I still think it's good of Ford to actually recall their cars and fix problems when they find it instead of some other companies that just ignore it and pretend it isn't a problem. I've seen Hyundais up in flames on the side of the road with no signs of an accident more than just once, and I don't think they've bothered to recall them yet...

jcsaleen
05-12-2005, 09:09 AM
yes but your only capable of 100mph tops its not a sports car. The GT a 500 hp monster an whats wrong with it is the control arms! Of all things the control arms you realize the GT can easily reach 12-140 cruising speed. At that speed if your steering goes theres no turning back.

Jaguar D-Type
05-12-2005, 07:47 PM
yes but your only capable of 100mph tops its not a sports car. The GT a 500 hp monster an whats wrong with it is the control arms! Of all things the control arms you realize the GT can easily reach 12-140 cruising speed. At that speed if your steering goes theres no turning back.

The recalled GTs have been fixed.

The GT actually has 550 hp.

Dodge should revise the Viper SRT10 due to the fact that the new Corvette Z06 will not only have more performance for less money but also will be a better sports car. An aluminum chassis could help the Viper as the new aluminum Jaguar XJ proves that lower weight helps performance.

Porsche has yet to fix the RMS (rear main seal) leaks of the 2005 Porsche 997. This problem came out with the 1997 Boxster.

check this link

Porsche RMS leaks (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=379671)

jcsaleen
05-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Id assume they kinda have revised the viper. The coupe supposedly has better numbers.

Samurai75007
05-12-2005, 09:09 PM
I have seen that they have made a 3rd prototype or a car I wish is a prototype. This one is red with white stripes and the first two are blue, also about the frames. I whish that more super cars switch to carbon fiber or similar frames, there easy to make and can hold up to a lot of the things you can through at them. They are more but there safe.

Jaguar D-Type
05-30-2005, 03:55 AM
about the Ford GT recall...

Jay Leno, who owns a Ford GT, said the following in the June 2005 issue of "Automobile":

"I was pleased that Ford was so conscientious about addressing the problem-the repair took only one day."

jcsaleen
05-30-2005, 12:53 PM
I whish that more super cars switch to carbon fiber or similar frames, there easy to make and can hold up to a lot of the things you can through at them. They are more but there safe.

Yea me too. But carbon is just so costly. Its not the material itself that is expensive its the actual process of molding it thats costly.

Demon_Mustang
12-01-2005, 10:58 AM
I don't get why people give Ford such a hard time when they recall their cars. I know for a fact that other car manufacturers have just as many, if not more, dangerous problems with their cars, but they simply do not recall them, so they don't get in the news. At least Ford is good enough to spend the money and risk the ridicule and recall their cars for the sake of their consumers. I'm glad they do that.

Literally, you think I'm lying, but I have a friend that has had two hyundais CATCH ON FIRE on her, out of nowhere, for no reason, it just decided to explode into flames, and have Hyundai recalled these vehicles for spontaneously catching on fire? No. I have had other friends with other cars with other catastrophic failures to their cars that the manufacturer neglected to fix, but I've never experienced any, I drive a Ford, lol.

Add your comment to this topic!