Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

light truck comparo

CBFryman
09-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Which one....im looking for the extended cab version probably the 4cyl modle for insurance purposes....extended cab for a stereo...but id like to know how reliable/how fast these are...im not looking to make a super street machien because if i was i wouldnt be choosing a truck and i wouldnt be putting a stereo in...just something to show up these accords with nothing but ecaust and intake...i know light trucks can be made quite fast

CBFryman
09-11-2004, 12:23 PM
... :feedback: :cya: :attention

mason_RsX
09-11-2004, 02:25 PM
If you wanna smoke a ricer then why do you want a 4 banger? it makes no sense. They have the same engine as you but they are lighter with a more race tuned tranny and suspension...Id go with the S10 with a 4.3L V6...You can get the extreme edition put a sound system on it and make it look so pimpin and fast at the same time

CBFryman
09-11-2004, 03:25 PM
If you wanna smoke a ricer then why do you want a 4 banger? it makes no sense. They have the same engine as you but they are lighter with a more race tuned tranny and suspension...Id go with the S10 with a 4.3L V6...You can get the extreme edition put a sound system on it and make it look so pimpin and fast at the same time

dont make me laugh and barf at the same time...i didnt say i wanted to "smoke a ricer" i said i wanted to beat the idiots who drive hondas and put exaust and inake on them and call them fast....not real ricers that are tuned to go....im not going to put a body kit on it...i am totaly agianst anything that makes a car look faster but not go faster...my plans are as of this....
lower 2-3''...i still need to tow my boat which is only a 19 footer so the 4cyl can handle this
rims...keeping the overall stock diameter nearlythe same but going with a lighter, larger rim and putting some sikeyer rubber on it
new gas shocks and anti swat bar and strut tower brace
CAI
exaust
headers
one of the electronic tuners...im not sure which one....any suggestions?
throttle body replacement
injectors
fule pump
fule rail and regulator
2 DD2512's ported and tuned somehwere between 30 and 45Hz
crystal audio componet sets
pheonix gold and hifonics amplifiers
higher ampere distributor
optima yellow top
toneu cover
roll pan with flow through vents to help trapt air under the truck escape with an opening for a trialer hitch fabricated into it
trailer hitch
licens plate frenched into the tailgate
tinted windows
all the guages nesicary to monitor my engine such as exaust temp, intake temp, intake vacum, air fule mixture, and fule pressure....

this will be a daily driver hence the reason i didnt not go into internal modifications or turbo....i went 4 cyl because smaller engine=lower insurance premeium= on me

FordJunky
09-11-2004, 04:32 PM
well, if u want a fast truck the chevys probably got the best power weight ratio... but if u can affprd a dakota rt thatd be the way to go. if u want a good truck for 4x4'n the ford or b series would be the best.

but honestly it really doesnt matter whats the best because theyre all so close... if you want a fast truck or a good truck for off roading u gotta go aftermarket, u can find superhcarged 4 banger pickups on ebay for pretty cheap or trucks with suspension upgrades so i suggest you look on ebay and dont worry about which is best stock.

LONG LIVE AFTERMARKET

Rakshas
09-11-2004, 04:53 PM
why Not a tacoma? It's pretty much the king of Light trucks IMO.

FordJunky
09-11-2004, 05:32 PM
tacomas are nice but i wouldnt call them the king of lt. pickups... the dakota can pull 5800 lbs and has a 1550 payload. the ranger pulls 5500 lbs and has a 1260 payload (which i strongly disagree with, ive loaded my friends edge with probably closer to a ton and it wasnt even riding the axle) the tacoma has a 1500lbs payload and pulls like 1300 (which i also disagree with, ive seen my friends dads tacoma pull quiet a bit more than that) so as far as work the dakota is king but theyre all pretty close... now as far as fun to drive the dakota comes in dead last... ive gone 4x4'n in both the ranger (fx4) and tacoma and the ranger is definatley better for off roadin... but the tacoma is still alotta fun off roading and is definately the best bang for the buck...

so i wouldnt call it the king, theyre all pretty equal but i personally think the ranger has the best ride. (although the crew cab tacoma is just awesome)

i didnt bother comparing the s10 cause it has the biggest engine and has the lowest payload/tow capacity and sux for off roading.

CBFryman
09-11-2004, 09:27 PM
:grinno: im not looking for off roading...muddin' is fun but im a street machien guy...and as long as the leaf springs can handle a 300lb tounge weight and what ever our boat weighs im fine with it....i know all of them can handle it becasue my moms '04 Nissan Frontier (which was destroyed thanks to francis) towed our boat...the suspension had no problems it was the 140hp motor, even with the 5 speed, that was struggleing on acceleration....sorry i forgot the tacoma...i knew i would forget one or two...but the tacomoas last so long and are priced so much higher than the others :screwy: ....by the way im looking at used not new... thanks to all yall who have replied... :ylsuper: :1:

FordJunky
09-11-2004, 09:54 PM
then id say an older dakota r/t

SporkLover
09-13-2004, 05:22 PM
Get an old late 70's Mazda Repu. It looks ugly as sin, but it comes with a rotary engine. Swap in a 13b and you are set to show up alot of cars. Those things weigh in around 2000lbs.

CBFryman
09-13-2004, 08:29 PM
^^if i was going for a swap throug hthe trouble of a swap i could swap a cylender engine out for a 13B...im thinking of going mazda B-series and for my senior project drop a 13B in it....then for the written part to the history of the wankle engine....sweet....my parents would give me money for my senior project :-p

RedLightning
09-19-2004, 08:51 PM
I was just looking in my ford racing catalog and saw a some cool stuff for a ranger(supercharger and other stuff), so if you have money for mods it would be a great choice.

Jimster
09-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Don't be an idiot....... Trucks not racing cars, they are work horses...... Get a Toyota Hilux (I think Tacoma in the US) 3.0 Turbo Diesel...... That's a truck, none of this sissy 4 cylinder petrol motors in pickups crap.....

Toyota's trucks are by far the most reliable in the world as well....

RedLightning
09-19-2004, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=Jimster]Don't be an idiot....... Trucks not racing cars, they are work horses......QUOTE]

ever hear bout a lightning or a srt-10 ram?(numerous others). can do a bit of work and put out 13 second 1/4 mile times and 5.4 and under 0-60 times.

Jimster
09-19-2004, 10:41 PM
Yes I have heard of them and I fail to see what the point in them is...... I mean they can't corner like a sports car or sports sedan (Unless they end up on thier roof, which is pretty much mission failed) and they're simply not designed for it.

Trying to make a workhorse into a sports car completely defies logic.

Add your comment to this topic!