Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Rodeo Jerky Transmission (cont.)

dladoucer
09-10-2004, 02:46 PM
I have read everyone's replies (I appreciate them) and there doesn't seem to be a problem with alignment of the automatic stick shift. It moves from gear to gear perfectly and lines up with the dashboard indicator correctly. I AM noticing what appears to be an oil spot in the driveway though. I used a paper towel to get an indication of colur and it looks like it is the colour of oil not transmission fluid but it's hard to be certain on a black driveway. I'm bringing it back to the Dealer this Thursday (Sept 16th). I sure wish I could bring in a Technical Service Advisory as they are denying anything is wrong until an Error Code shows up and by that time there are metal shavings in the transmission from the improper shifting and my warranty will run out by then.

rodeo02
09-11-2004, 01:20 PM
Could be a leaking accumulator piston cover on the tranny (common on the 4L30E). If it's low on ATF due to the leak, you will get harsh gear shifts. Get it looked at ASAP as you will trash the tranny running it like that.
G/luck
Joel

2eyefishclaw
09-12-2004, 01:37 AM
rodeo02 is right I have replaced many trannys because of this same concern they dont like to be low on fluid

dladoucer
09-20-2004, 02:16 PM
OK I'll tell them to check the cover for leakage. One other thing I noticed is when I'm at a stopped position and change it from Reverse to drive again and again, each time it changes the whole truck JUMPS with the gear change (without even moving). Could this also be caused by a leaky cover?

Dimitrix
09-20-2004, 02:53 PM
Thats exactly what I had.
Dealership replaced the accumulator piston seal w/o any problems for free.

Best of luck

Add your comment to this topic!