Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Audioban????

blondiechick
09-10-2004, 01:07 PM
Ok... i've heard so many different things from so many different people! It's driving me crazy. I don't know much about systems, and i'm tryin to put one in my car. I'm thinking about going audioban... but is it true there shit blows realy quick. if someone can give me some input... lemme know. Or what i shuld be gettin .. i already have a
-Alpine Head Unit CDA-9820 XM In-Dash CD/AM/FM/XM Reciever
-4 Pioneer TSD160R REV Series 6.5" Two-Way Axial Speakers - Pair (one in each door)

so now all i need is maybe to 10" subs w/ amp
and some amp to power the speakers...

any suggestions

Haibane
09-10-2004, 01:19 PM
How much do you want to spend, With the equipment you are running I would assume you are into quality... What type music do you listen to? I would suggest against audiobahn

blondiechick
09-10-2004, 01:22 PM
i want the best for my car b/c i plan on havin it a while. um.. i listen to prety much n e thign except coutry. Basicly rock (slipknotm godsmack.. so on) but also rap so i just want it to sound good

Haibane
09-10-2004, 02:04 PM
got it covered...

Cman333
09-10-2004, 02:36 PM
look into JL audio amps and subs

speakers I would reccomend Focal, AVI, CDT, Canton, Helix. Obviously more expensive but well worth it if you want good sound quality and dont want to upgrade for a long while.

I sell pioneer REV series speakers and can tell you honestly that they suck. If you want a budget system then I would suggest keeping stock speakers and just doing sub/amps. If you want decent sound look into Focal Access/polyglass series.

Haibane
09-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Like I said got it covered... you suggested a lot of the same as me. Aside for the fact that you listed amps and subs I would never recommend due to obscenely high cost.

blondiechick
09-10-2004, 04:16 PM
Thanks for your help, i'll have to get into contact with you again because I lost my interent connection. Sorry

CBFryman
09-10-2004, 06:31 PM
look into JL audio amps and subs

speakers I would reccomend Focal, AVI, CDT, Canton, Helix. Obviously more expensive but well worth it if you want good sound quality and dont want to upgrade for a long while.

I sell pioneer REV series speakers and can tell you honestly that they suck. If you want a budget system then I would suggest keeping stock speakers and just doing sub/amps. If you want decent sound look into Focal Access/polyglass series.

JL is good quality....bad price...DD 1000 series could most deff keep up with the JL W3 series and the DD 2000 series would make the W3 series look like all other main stream compared to JL...and the 2500 seires would probably get a lil louder thamn the W6's and the 3500 series is deff louder than the W6 and probably just as loud if not louder than the W7's....and the DD100 series is just a lil more expensive than the chepaest you can find a W0....try dinging a W3 for 129.00 that isnt used...not gonan happen....i would also now reccommend audiobahn....woofers are "okay" but the amps are overrated and made to look good...not perform...

loismustdie
09-10-2004, 06:48 PM

you've got to be joking......

blondiechick
09-10-2004, 07:35 PM
I liek my pioneer speakers

HighRev87
09-10-2004, 08:33 PM
Who recomends stock speakers for sound quality?!?!

lucki17
09-10-2004, 10:16 PM
i have a friend that has 2 12" audiobauns in his truck, and i have a friend that has 2 10" JL w7's, i can tell you as a definate fact that the JL's sound ALOT better and hit ALOT harder, so i would say no to audiobaun's and the JL's sound better than alot of subs ive heard (even better than phenix gold's my friends has in his lude') so basicly i say go with the JL's.

loismustdie
09-10-2004, 10:26 PM
i have a friend that has 2 12" audiobauns in his truck, and i have a friend that has 2 10" JL w7's, i can tell you as a definate fact that the JL's sound ALOT better and hit ALOT harder, so i would say no to audiobaun's and the JL's sound better than alot of subs ive heard (even better than phenix gold's my friends has in his lude') so basicly i say go with the JL's.

the w7's are good infact great, but overpriced

Haibane
09-11-2004, 01:23 AM
Guys, don't spam this post please. Let's stay on topic. She needs help. I am covering it. Try to get in touch with me about 3:00 EST Saturday:)

CBFryman
09-11-2004, 08:33 AM

on top of audiobahn sucking in the first place...what if the guy with the Pawns only have the cheaper level...like the AW series instead of the Alum series? i mean you speak so well of JL but what you dont know is yo ucan get teh same/better quality woofer for half the price....

blondiechick
09-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Thanx for ur help guys

Add your comment to this topic!