Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Buying Sorento - need info

Crayox
09-10-2004, 03:59 AM
Hey guys,
I'm thinking of buying this car, I love SUVs, and this one is by design the best looking one. Now I need some info on technical side.

First of all I noticed that all KIAs have low torque engines, I guess there is some mechanical trick to have lower prices...that's ok, I mean you get a good deal with every KIA (my folks now own 2003 Spectra), but I was wondering if those 2.5 liter engines are enough for a huge car. I mean I'm not into sport cars anyway, so I don't expect THAT much of a performanse, but still I wanna know that my engine can pull me :-)
I wanna get 2.5 litter, but I'm woried about the power it has, and that 3.5 GAS engine, well I'm worried about it's consuption. I'm from Croatia, and gas is expensive here :-)

So, can you Sorento owners tell me a bit about your cars performance, and also fuel consuption....and please state which model you have (engine type)

Thanks all

Puffnstuff
10-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Well if mpg is a concern for you then a suv is the wrong thing to be looking at in the first place. I average around 15mpg in town but in severe stop and go I've seen it drop to 14 and I have the 3.5L engine.

nbr1nthuzyst
02-16-2005, 08:03 PM
The 3.5 engine does *average* 9.1-9.3 second range to 60 MPH... and the quarter mile in around 17 seconds. The gas milage does range around 14-15 miles/gallon aound town. Thats not so great considering the Nissan Titan (5.6 Litre-305 hp gets around the same miles/gallon) But i dont own a serento *yet* so i cant compliment from a person opionin point of view, but i hope the facts help.

Add your comment to this topic!