Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 SSEi A/C works about 90% of the time

mafcf7
09-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Just replaced my blower control module which fixed the problem of not being able to shut off the blower - even when the car was turned off.

Now have a couple of new issues....

1) Since replacing the blower control module, the climate control temperature indicator flashes for about a minute before it stabilizes. I thought that this was just a "reset" process but it continues each time I start the car and turn on the A/C. What is going on here?

2) I think even before I replaced the blower control module my A/C was beginning to act up. It seems like my A/C works fine except when I restart my car after it has been off for about 30-60 minutes since last driving it. When I restart the engine the A/C just blows hot air. Its like the magnetic clutch is not engaging or something. This condition has continued even after I replaced the blower control module (because of another problem). Anyone have any theories?

Thanks in advance.

usmcsgtj
09-18-2004, 09:53 PM
Ive never had a problem with my 94 SSEI, BUT i had the same problem with a GMC jimmy, the Clutch was bad, eventually just pooped out. This is a big ticket item, do not attempt self repair! It will cost you the same after you screw it up, like me!! If you do decide to do yourself, you must blow out the entire system to remove all the metal shavings, then put in a new filter, install compressor, and install proper amount of freon and compressor oil. I highly recommend you get this done at a local shop, if there is any metal in the system after you replace the compressor, the new compressor will last about 2 days. True story I wasted a $185 a/c comp. garbage. :frown: :2cents:

Add your comment to this topic!