Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Largest tires on stock suspension?

imtheoneandonlyD
09-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Im wondering what are the largert tires i could get on my ram. There is alot of wheel well room and i wanna get some larger tires to fill the gap and make it look a little meaner.

all stats on the truck are in my sig.

Gregor
09-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Not sure the answer to your question, but will offer some advice which you may already be aware of. A significant change in tire size will 1) make your speedo very inaccurate 2) reduce the power your truck has and 3) reduce your gas mileage. This goes along with the other obvious issues of bigger tires cost more, wider tires often don't wear as even and are very noisy. If you still feel you want to have that look, I would invest in a change in your gear reduction so that you maintain the stock ratio.

TurboSW
09-10-2004, 11:19 PM
Not sure the answer to your question, but will offer some advice which you may already be aware of. A significant change in tire size will 1) make your speedo very inaccurate 2) reduce the power your truck has and 3) reduce your gas mileage. This goes along with the other obvious issues of bigger tires cost more, wider tires often don't wear as even and are very noisy. If you still feel you want to have that look, I would invest in a change in your gear reduction so that you maintain the stock ratio.
Man, you just took all the fun out of it. :evillol:

moparboy99
09-18-2004, 08:59 PM
I had 305/70r16 on my truck and they looked great, but when you turned sharp they rubbed alittle but you can adjust your stops. as far as the speedo you can get that recalibraed by a delership or if you have the scanner like i do you can do it your self

milkman1
09-18-2004, 10:53 PM
Most tire company's will mount up a tire and put it on your truck to see if it will clear before you buy. Atleast the ones here do. That way your not out any money for stuff that won't fit. Some Dodge's will accept a 35" tall tire with no mods, but most the limit is 33's

Add your comment to this topic!