Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Drivetrain Resonating

binkie
09-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Does anyone get a resonating noise from the rear of their Grand vitara?

It seemed to have diff noise right at about 100-110 KMH, but now the whole car seams to resonate at about 60+KMH, and it sounds like the rear part of the car. I tried switching the tires around, but that didn't change anything, so I don't think the tires need rotating.

Marc.

iborange
09-10-2004, 05:00 AM
I think it could be a wheel bearing problem. I had that sort of noise on other cars and its being a wheel bearing all three times :(

NCole
09-10-2004, 11:37 AM
Does anyone get a resonating noise from the rear of their Grand vitara?

It seemed to have diff noise right at about 100-110 KMH, but now the whole car seams to resonate at about 60+KMH, and it sounds like the rear part of the car. I tried switching the tires around, but that didn't change anything, so I don't think the tires need rotating.

Marc.
-----------

Hi,
I had this problem on my wifes 99 Gr Vitara. My dealer tried many fixes. After changing all tires around, replacing 2 wheel bearings,...it turned out to be the fluid in the rear axle (diff). I do not know what was the difference in the new fluid they added. Maybe it was just renewed, or maybe it was changed to a different viscocity, but the "wheel bearing sound" from the rear of the vehicle dropped to a much lower noise level. Good luck
Nigel

sinaloa67chevy
09-27-2004, 12:51 PM
if you have a four door and are diving with the windows all down or just driving with the rear windows all the way open you will get a loud sound and even feel the pressure

mwebber78
10-14-2004, 11:45 PM
I had a 2000 vitara and they had a common defect. the shaft connecting to the rear drive unit from the front had slight imperfection that caused a noise/slight drivetrain vibration.

Add your comment to this topic!