Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tamiya Paint

jberry3
09-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Now I finally sorted the putty work out on my Tamiya R34 skyline gtr fitting the SAS n style kit i decided to paint it. I run out of white primer but i decided that the yellow tamiya paint should cover it in a few coats (Wrong) It didnt and also i cant believe how messy it sprayed and it was a new can. I think i will stick to auto paint in future as it is cheaper and more in a can. So the main question is can i get castrol super clean in th UK?

freakray
09-09-2004, 11:45 AM
It doesn't matter whether you can get CSC in the UK or not, CSC doesn't remove Tamiya paint unless you leave it for weeks.
Get some regular brake fluid and set the body in that to remove the paint.

BTW, you do realise removing paint will probably remove putty too?

Vric
09-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Clear color (yellow, Red, White, pearl) never cover fully. You need a nice even primer surface for those color and doing many light coat.

Not want to be hard, but a litle search before painting would gave you the answer before doing a "messy" paintjob..

anyway we all need to learn the hard way.
But don't juge Tamiya paint of a "messy" paint job that it was you own fault. We all do mistake :D

As for the removing paint, I would simply go with a sand paper and recover with primer. If you use CRC or other stuff, the putty will be gone

Add your comment to this topic!