Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need some help guys

importcrazy421
09-08-2004, 10:07 PM
hey guys my car has a rough idle and it stalls after the 3g warm up in the cold.
But just recently every once in a while it will drop 200-300 rpm with a bearing scretchy noise coming from the ac compressor. It sounds a little scretchy most of the time from the compressor assembly, and by the looks of things a belt was torn up at some point because there is a lot of tar sprey on the radiator fan and that left side (although this could be why he got that new engine in the first place, and used the same fan). Any help will be much appreciated.

P.S. do you think this could be why it has the rough idle problem cause it doesnt seem to have any vacuum leaks.

Thanks.

Soyo
09-08-2004, 10:25 PM
not sure man, my car idles at like 300-500 most of the time lately. it does it when its cold or hot. then sometimes it is really jumpy when I'm sitting idle and then it dies. I haven't really looked at it too much yet so I have no clue whats up, but maybe we have the same problem?

anyways hopefully someone can help both of us :) lol

importcrazy421
09-08-2004, 10:34 PM
And yours is NA too right. Ya check your ac compressor and listen for noises, especially when you turn it on and off. If I turn my ac on its noisy but it idles steady so im clueless.

ShortyDTP
09-08-2004, 11:33 PM
my S4 stared idle at 1,500 all day today???
out of no where ........

89tracerman
09-09-2004, 12:08 AM
my idle was at 700 and i decided to raise it to 1000 rpm's is that bad? and yes my car is fixed again thanks to a mexican mechanic i found on a mexican magazine here in Phoenix AZ

importcrazy421
09-10-2004, 03:44 PM
ya the specified idle is 750. Not that is will hurt it but will waste more gas. And if it is an automatic then it might change shifting and shift quality a bit.

FCsilvia
09-10-2004, 05:40 PM
check your TPS. S5 tps tend to fail after 100k miles.

check belts.

check fan clutch.

check throttle cable.

adjust CAS.

Soyo
09-11-2004, 01:15 AM
I think I'm just gonna have to take mine to a shop here in town because it kept stalling everytime I slowed to a stop with my foot on the clutch... its pretty frustrating so I'm tired of messing with it...

it wouldn't be the alternator or anything would it? because it seems like the lights and everything dim a bit before it happens, but I guess that could just be that its losing power... who knows

cars piss me off sometimes, but I still love her, even with her ugly body damage haha

Add your comment to this topic!