Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 le baron alarm?

gramkracka
09-08-2004, 07:37 PM
ok, im brand new here, but i need some help. iv just recieved my first car and its a 92 chrystler le baron, convertable. Now iv been reading and it seems its a big problem, but what happens is when i set my alarm in my car by power locking the doors, it stays armed. ok thats the normal part. Then when i go to unlock the door, the alarm goes crazy. again, normal (for me). but the weirdest part is when the alarm goes off, i need to get a jump to get the car going. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!! i know this isnt the greatest explanation, but its kinda hard. If u need more info lemme know. any help will be wonderfull! thanks in advanced.

ponchonutty
09-12-2004, 10:47 AM
Dude, sorry to hear your troubles here. Let me ask a question. Do you mean when you try to unlock it with your key from outside the car? If so, have you tried unlocking the pass. side door first? It sounds pretty tricky to know without looking at the car itself. I would first start by looking at the factory disarm wire (this is the OEM alarm going nuts right?) It is Lt.Green with a orange stripe and can be found in the driver's kick panel or at the alarm above the glove box. This wire should either rest at 12v or may not show anything until you turn the door lock with the key. Then it should go to ground as long as you turn the key. Hope this helps.

Add your comment to this topic!