Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What Kind Of Amp Kit?

BlaZeNSmoKe
09-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Aiight, I got a 96 Accord. And I have one Audiobahn sub with 400W RMS. And I got a Power Acoustik amp thats 400 x 1. I already got a Pioneer head unit installed that has two pre-amp outputs. What I need to know, is what kind of amp kit, what guage and what should be in the amp kit. Because I've looked on Ebay and some kits contain some things that other kits don't have. If you know the answer, please hit me up, because I'm so close to finally hooking up my system. :iceslolan Thanks in advance.

4drMadness
09-09-2004, 02:36 PM
If I'm right an 8 Gauge kit should work and take care of flowing the power for you.
Normally a kit will include:
Power wire
Ground wire
Remote wire
RCA's
and some w/ speaker wire.Not to mention depending on the kit a screw for the gound wire,zip ties and connectors for the ends of the wires..
Hope this might assist you a little...

highteknology
09-09-2004, 04:33 PM
sometimes a kit will NOT have the RCA cables so you want to check on that. you will also need a fuse box or fuse holder. sometimes these are included with the kit sometimes they aren't.

BlaZeNSmoKe
09-09-2004, 05:45 PM
I've noticed that, and I've noticed the ones without the RCA cables are cheaper. So I'm asking, do I really need it? But thanks for the feedback, you guys never cease to help me :)

highteknology
09-09-2004, 05:48 PM
either way you need RCA cables. they run from the back of your head unit to the amp. it's the only way i know that you can hook up your amp to your head unit. there may be other ways, but i'm not sure how well they work and how to do it.

sofast
09-09-2004, 06:32 PM
I would go with a kit with 4 gauge in it.

BlaZeNSmoKe
09-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Ok thanks hightek.

Yo Sofast, somebody told me to go to Crutchfield and see what gauge to get and I went to this chart and did all this calculating. And it said I needed 8 guage because I'm only running like 50 something amperes. So I don't know...plus its cheaper :)

sofast
09-09-2004, 08:59 PM
I recomend 4 gauge because most people decide to upgrade for more boom. I find audio adicting and always want bigger and better. So I always start with 4 gauge. This way when I upgrade I dont need to strip my lead out to run bigger. Also, Power runs on the outer rim of the wire and not the center. The bigger the wire the better the power lead.

BlaZeNSmoKe
09-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Well I got this amp kit of Ebay that can withstand up 1500 watts so I don't know, it should be able to do enough for lil ol' cheap me :)

Add your comment to this topic!