Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Corvette StingRay

Roboduck
09-08-2004, 07:09 PM
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/209616stingray_rear-view1-med.jpg

I tried doing this from a sketch I did, then used Illustrator to colorize. Tried to copy it to Photoshop CS but couldn't get all the layers (guess it doesn't like compounds, etc.)... saved as a JPEG, then used Photoshop to re-do some of the colors.... I tried to copy and drag, and save as PSD file, but some layers didn't go across... did use Illustrator to roughen some lines on the reflective tail light ellipses.. nneds work, but fun trying.

lemorris
09-08-2004, 07:31 PM
very cool!!

I answered your export question in the other post.

If you have compund paths and stuff make a new file in PS the copy and paste from Illy. Make your PS file larger than the size of your lines from Illustrator and crop after you get all the layers in.

Jeep_Rubicon
09-08-2004, 08:18 PM
looks cool, nice tailight reflections on the bumper.

Roboduck
09-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the advice... keep up the great work and help you offer to all of us. Robo

very cool!!

I answered your export question in the other post.

If you have compund paths and stuff make a new file in PS the copy and paste from Illy. Make your PS file larger than the size of your lines from Illustrator and crop after you get all the layers in.

stuffbyalex
09-08-2004, 09:59 PM
gorgeous. just one thing: is it just me or does the roof slope down too much towards the right?

Ra_15
09-09-2004, 12:29 PM
^ I agree. I think the dark red either side makes it seem like a rough steep slope either side. It should be a smooth gradient to give the impression of a smooth slope.

Roboduck
09-09-2004, 06:36 PM
It was intended that way.. that's why only the left front fender section is showing vs. none or both... but thanks... it could also be the shading is off... thx for the comments.

gorgeous. just one thing: is it just me or does the roof slope down too much towards the right?

Roboduck
09-09-2004, 06:38 PM
I agree... I did want to make the coloring softer, but had a heck of a time getting layers into PS.. I did PS after I saved it as a JPEG. thx. Robo

^ I agree. I think the dark red either side makes it seem like a rough steep slope either side. It should be a smooth gradient to give the impression of a smooth slope.

asaenz
09-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Well, I think it looks really good.

al

Add your comment to this topic!