Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

NOT overheating but gauge get up there, Only one fan?, 96 SE,

jeffseby
09-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Hey again, My potiac gauge gets up their, but the fan only turns on for like 20 seconds with the AC off.
When my AC (of course that don't work) is on, the fan will stay on. Is it supposed to turn on late. its a pain, I always think ima overheat. Why does Pontiac only put in one measly fan.

Tom94gaGT
09-08-2004, 10:11 PM
how high does it get? does the 96 have the actual temp in degrees or the cheap c/h gauge? on mine the fan does not kick in until just before hte tstat hits 220 degrees and tehn it stays on until the car cools back down to about the 195-200 area which is hte proper operating temp

jeffseby
09-08-2004, 10:19 PM
I only have 2 number : 100 min, and 260 Max RED.
Mine temp gets to about 2/3 so It is like your kinda about 220 Gauge never gets hight so i wont worry. Today after I noticed it, I got home (texas, 95 deg. @ 3:00, pretty hot!!) I let the Pontiac Idel for like 15 Mins while I was inside the house with nice AC :). Went back out and gauge was ok, no smoke/steam. engine bay felt right, so nothing to worry about. That friggin Texas Heat will make the newest cars running hot ! Can't wait till October.
Thanks Bro.

Add your comment to this topic!