Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I am new, and wanna show some of my crappy drawings. lol

Eband00
09-08-2004, 05:02 PM
Hey guys, just found out ur site :-D. I wanna learn how to draw cars in 3d and all that by looking at ur cars and all that... by telling me how i can improve... cause i am still a newb :-D

hmmm, can't attach any pics.?

mike@af
09-08-2004, 05:09 PM
Faq.

Eband00
09-08-2004, 05:11 PM
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/uploads/229947/RT-Eband.jpg

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/uploads/229947/Flyer-eband.jpg

sorry, didn't find the upload pic option rite away :-D

Jeep_Rubicon
09-08-2004, 08:28 PM
The first one looks alright, you should make your wheels bigger, or...no now it looks like hydraulics. I'm pretty sure thats what it is. And the second space car/pursuit car thing is cool what can I say I know nothing about it...

mike@af
09-08-2004, 08:30 PM
The second looks like something from the movie, Fifth Element.

Eband00
09-08-2004, 08:55 PM
Hehe, well the 1st car, i dont know, really dont know how to make the wheels, really. Some of my cars have HUGE wheels, other have small wheels. Any suggestion on how to know what size i should use?

and the second, i just fooled around :-D. i made the car, but once again, the wheels and wheel wells were badly made, realy! so i changed them for some kind of propulsion system or w/e lol.

another one: a did it maybe a year ago...
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/uploads/229947/frontpasser.jpg

KustmAce
09-08-2004, 09:25 PM
As far as wheel size goes, it varies a lot. Stock cars have small wheels, but the tires are larger. Slammed cars typically have very large wheels that fill up the wheel wells with very low-profile tires. So grab a circle template and experiment! Youll find one that fits right, and then go with it.

Experience will make it much easier to choose wheel sizes, etc, and you can only get that with practice, so just keep drawing.

Oh, and by the way, looks liek your beetle thing has some REALLY soft suspension:grinno:

stuffbyalex
09-08-2004, 09:43 PM
welcome to the forum. Your drawings are pretty good. You have potential.

As for critisism, your lines look a bit shaky. The wheels need work on the first drawing. Do a few more side views using cleaner lines, then you should be able to move on to 3/4 views.

Alex

Ra_15
09-09-2004, 12:26 PM
There cool. You got the basic proportions of the body which is good. The buggy looks the best imo, but you can see you used a compas to draw the wheels, and the title looks a bit unproffesional. The suspension looks like you could push it up and down with your finger!! However, its a good drawing, and like Alex said, with a few more goes at side drawings you should try 3/4 views.

Eband00
09-09-2004, 02:22 PM
actually, i'v been drawing cars since i was small, and never got better, maybe the last 3 years. i am 16 now... Is there any way i can improove?

and what is 3/4 views??

mike@af
09-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Improve by practice and confidence. Also research some techniques and tips.

3/4 Looking at the car in perspective so you see more than the side, usually side, rear or front, and top or bottom.

ww667
09-20-2004, 05:51 PM
by the way crapy is not the word you want to use.
beginer that is the one.
crapy is what i do ;)
that is my horsy (one of the reasons why i don't poust them.

Jeep_Rubicon
09-20-2004, 08:13 PM
that beetle looks cool but like every1 else said the suspension is really soft, i see traces of a compass being used...

Jeep_Rubicon
09-20-2004, 08:14 PM
o ya and try to make it so you can't see that you were using a compass, that's what i was trying to say.

Add your comment to this topic!