Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Evo VII vs New STi

lancerz
05-30-2001, 05:35 PM
So what will it be?

The New Evo VII or the STi?

even thought i am an Evo man myself, i have to admit the STi has a nicer interior. But...the only problem is the front. basically its UGLY with those bug eye headlights..

what do you all think?

DVSNCYNIKL
05-30-2001, 08:30 PM
EVO VII!

flylwsi
05-30-2001, 09:36 PM
i prefer the sti b/c of the lights actually.... they are my fave part...
however, both cars are equally matched... its hard to pick, but i am a subie fan... so i go sti

Porsche
05-31-2001, 08:46 AM
I like the Sti better, it's big lights are sweet and the carbon fiber/ Aluminium interior is the only way to go! Look at most rally cars anywyas, they have 6+ headlights on the front.

lancerz
05-31-2001, 09:38 AM
So the STi has to be "cooler" and have more hey? hehe :buck

The WRX rally car does look nicer the the STi's i must admit and the interior looks nicer then the Evo VII.

but nah, the Evo VII has something about it!

flylwsi
05-31-2001, 10:55 PM
when looking at both cars at speed, to me the lancer looks bigger, not as muscular, but the wrx looks smaller, dartier, more muscular... it looks a bit faster, if only b/c of the shape...
not to say that the lancer doesnt look it, it just doesnt "look" as fast on tv to me...
i havent driven either, sadly, so i cant choose one for sure
either one is a bit of a sleeper, being four door cars and all... but that is the fun part, right???

lancerz
06-03-2001, 08:55 PM
Put it this way, its all preference.

If you liked the WRX from its first ever debut, you'll love all the STi's etc... If you liked the Evo I, you'd follow the EVO's...

It is a close competition now, Because EVO's have so much publicity, the STi has felt in the shadows of the Evo..but STi have managed to make the STi very close to the E7 now.

The STi sounds more muscular with its exhaust and all...but the Evo VII is the quiet one that will sneak up on you. The STi doesnt have AYC and ACD does it?

Go EVO.

flylwsi
06-03-2001, 11:17 PM
i just read the article about the ayc and all that, and it is hella cool...
i do like the smart shit that they put in it, but in all honesty, with a car that is built to the hilt like that, how much more can you do? i honestly dont know, so i am asking...
i know that you can do intake and exh, but what else???
i guess that goes for both cars really, what more can you do, unless you put a big mutha funkin turbo on it, bigger than what its got...

lancerz
06-05-2001, 11:56 PM
If both cars are modified they can be even deadlier...

But The Evo VII would reak more havoc i think..! :)

matt
06-06-2001, 11:48 AM
I like the sti better. I think the design is better than that of the evo.

lancerz
06-07-2001, 12:08 AM
Subaru really killed their New WRX...the design is shocking!

The rims are Ugly as!!! Maybe if they but on some O.Z superturismo's the WRX would look better!

lancerz
06-13-2001, 04:49 AM
You would seriously take The STi over the EVO??

look at the STi, its ugly! The Evo VII has style.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/Ataya/STi.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/Ataya/Evored.jpg

images explain all :D

primera man
06-13-2001, 08:01 AM
The new front on the Sub looks butt ugly.

I like the older shape lots more.

I would have to go for the Evo if i was to pick between the 2 of them.

lancerz
06-13-2001, 10:10 AM
Even though im not a WRX man, id agree with you whole-heartidly. The older design looks better, the front lights suck, the rims are ugly, and which garbage tip did they get that Rear wing from?!!! :hehehe:

primera man
06-13-2001, 04:33 PM
On a postive note....i love the blue though !:D :D

hellobil
06-27-2001, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by lancerz
So what will it be?

The New Evo VII or the STi?

even thought i am an Evo man myself, i have to admit the STi has a nicer interior. But...the only problem is the front. basically its UGLY with those bug eye headlights..

what do you all think?

Color is important. Check out a black EVO 7, you will understand.

hellobil
06-27-2001, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by hellobil

Color is important. Check out a black EVO 7, you will understand.

Speaking of the interior, how can you ignore the steering wheel? I love the EVO's wheel a lot. STi has a shitty wheel, too big, too square, and no character.

Porsche
06-28-2001, 05:42 PM
It's a frigg'n MOMO steering wheel! How can it have no character? I actually like the new WRX's design, The back I think is worse than the front and the rims could definately be better.

hellobil
06-28-2001, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Porsche

It's a frigg'n MOMO steering wheel! How can it have no character? I actually like the new WRX's design, The back I think is worse than the front and the rims could definately be better.

the momo on EVO 7 is the right size, the right look and the right character. The character of the STi's momo however, looks like it is stolen from a Honda Accord.

primera man
06-28-2001, 11:41 PM
Have you seen the eyebrows for the WRX ?

At least it looks better, the bug eye look has gone :cool:

Moppie
07-08-2001, 10:50 AM
The EVO VII is certainly faster, both in a straight line and round corners, however there's not much init, and you really need to be a very experianced driver to find the diffrence. The EVO uses some flash torque splitting between the frount the rear, so is much tighter in the corners, while the WRX is prone to suffering a little Understeer that just keeps building as you approch the limit.
The STi also seems to have developed a bit of turbo Lag, cetainly a lot more than the more flexiable EVO engine.
However the WRX wins hands down on everyday driveablity and comfort. The suspension is a lot more compliant than the EVO's, and still offers huge amounts of grip, the seats are also a lot more comfterble and bit wider, there designed with european bottoms in mind, not just japanese ones.
So if you want a fast car for blasting down deserted roads on weekends take the EVO, however if you need a daily driver as well, and like to be a little comfterble while stuck in traffic then take the WRX STi.

(the above was summerised from Two articles in NZ Driver magazine.)
Personaly, I like the look of the EVO better than the WRX (which looks like a corrola on steroids.), as for which one I would choose? well give me the keys to both and ill try and make a desion. :sun:

carz
07-08-2001, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by lancerz
You would seriously take The STi over the EVO??

look at the STi, its ugly! The Evo VII has style.Also The STi is very of its butt UGLY face and thats why Its showing butt at you!

http://home.iprimus.com.au/Ataya/STi.jpg <this is one large butt licker!

http://home.iprimus.com.au/Ataya/Evored.jpg <Now this is one sleek looking car!:hehehe:

images explain all :D

Now tell is this sweet of what!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hehe:

Thanks too Lancerz.com for this awsome pic

lancerz
07-15-2001, 08:35 PM
I currently read the EVO magazines comparison with the EVO VII vs STi. The driver liked the EVO VII over the STi and the EVO got a better over-all rating than that of the STi. Once again, the EVO gives a better adrenalin rush im assuming, The STi just gives a small punch.

The STi has a nicer looking interior, ive seen it up close, the chrome trims, threads and everything else just looks more appealing. Even thought I havent seen the EVO VII's, and even thought im an EVO man, I'd really prefer the STI's interior, its just more organised.

Both these cars will continue to be compared for the next couple of months, and they will always be compared.

carz
07-16-2001, 12:59 PM
Or do you mean that the STi's give a Girl slap!!!:D

LANCERZ WILL DEFEAT THE STI'S NEXT YEAR!!! :cwn27: HOPEFULLY!

lancerz
07-17-2001, 04:03 AM
The EVO has already defeated the STi this year. well thats what I think anyway, and hasn't it beaten it every other year?

hahahahahaha :D :hehehe:

flylwsi
07-18-2001, 08:40 AM
the real question then, is what about the new lancer?
answer that one...
i think that thing is ugly as hell, and that is what should be compared to the wrx...

the evo7 is the older body style now, as was the older wrx sti, which everyone unanimously liked...

so compare the new stuff...
the new wrx sti vs the new lancer...

Moppie
07-18-2001, 10:38 PM
Dude unless your stuck in some kind of time warp, the posted pics are for the new EVO VII and the new WRX STi.
They are the most current models, so current that they havn't yet been introduced into some markets.

lancerz
07-21-2001, 04:37 AM
The new STi is ugly, and when it was revealled it was a shock horror. When the Evo VII was released, it was like whoa..what happened...

The WRX looks like a beefed up 2000 VW Beetle.

Add your comment to this topic!