Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 quad 4 hell HELP PLEASE

joker1s
09-08-2004, 01:54 PM
my car keeps overheating. i had the water pump and thermostat replaced because they were bad. i had the head gasket tested and it's fine but my car keeps pushing the coolant out the cap anytime i use the heat. i have flushed the system and made sure several times that there's no air pockets in the system but it keeps overheating HELP ME PLEASE!!!

richtazz
09-09-2004, 02:14 PM
have you changed the radiator cap? maybe it's not holding proper pressure and allowing the coolant to escape when it shouldn't be.

joker1s
09-11-2004, 11:39 AM
yes i changed the cap that was the first thing i did

richtazz
09-11-2004, 03:04 PM
how did you have the head gasket checked? did they do a compression test with the plugs in or out? It sounds like a head gasket leak to me. Also, are you loosing coolant, or can you smell antifreeze in the car? Could be a heater core leaking, allowing air in the system, causing your coolant to get puked out.

foolioGrimz
09-12-2004, 02:56 PM
good luck!

i believe my car has a blown head gasket or something like that. leaking coolant/oil and overheating constantly

quad 4's suck a$$ major $$ if you take it in to a shop for a fix

joker1s
09-13-2004, 10:45 AM
The only time that i lose coolant is when it gets pushed out the cap. No antifreeze smell in the car and when they did the compression check they had the plugs out. The only time i have a problem is when the heat is on.

richtazz
09-13-2004, 11:48 AM
you may be leaking from one of the metal pipes feeding the heater core. Some cars have a heater control valve that only feeds coolant to the heater core when the heat is on. When they leak, they allow air in the system, and when the air purges, it can cause a rush of coolant to the overflow tank. If it's on the feed side, it may not even leak coolant, but just suck in air.

joker1s
09-14-2004, 08:27 AM
ok is there an easy way to figure out if that is the problem or do i need to take it in to a shop

richtazz
09-14-2004, 08:58 AM
IF you have an air compressor, you can take the radiator cap off, wrap a wet rag around teh end of a blower nozzle, and stick it in the radiator cap hole, The pressurized air will force coolant out any leaky areas, and you should be able to see or hear where it's leaking from.

Add your comment to this topic!