Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

tamiya 04wrc impreza

Pages : [1] 2

blubaja
09-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Hey,

Just saw this on HLJ! Subaru Impreza WRC 2004 Rally Japan for preorder. Sorry if its wtlw.

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?TAM24276
Frank X.

Vric
09-08-2004, 11:57 AM
Yes !!!!!!!!!!

Phil will be very happy

nervestrikes
09-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Well, it is about time and to add to that tamiya should include an engine to this masterpiece called the WRX. I would only be right.

freakray
09-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Phil will be very happy

Don't you mean Ray?

Phil is waiting on the 307 IIRC.....

Rtuned
09-08-2004, 12:40 PM
It's finally release!!!! :biggrin:

Spitfire7
09-08-2004, 01:40 PM
YEEESSS! The wait is finally over!

Spitfire7
09-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Also i just checked. This car and the XANAVI 350Z are being released in December. Also they are releasing the Calsonic Skyline and Xanavi Skyline finished body models. http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?TAM24277

ZoomZoomMX-5
09-08-2004, 01:47 PM
So y'all missed the Tamiya Zanavi Nismo JGTC Z car? And the Fujimi Gallardo? And the Fujimi Isuzu Bellett?

December is looking mighty good! :biggrin:

blubaja
09-08-2004, 01:54 PM
Hey,
OMG!!! I missed them too.. I swear they must have jsut put them on!!! Wow!! Holy new kits Batman!!!!!!!
Frank X.

darrenj
09-08-2004, 02:39 PM
just ordered it sight unseen!!
does any one have pics of the model?

Vric
09-08-2004, 02:55 PM
The Nismo Z ??? WOW again !
damn big order to do in January !

There is also 2 bike anonced

1/12 Yamaha YZR-M1 2004 No.46/17
1/12 Honda NSR Factory Color

and
1/24 Xanavi Nismo Z JGTC 2003
1/24 Subaru Impreza WRC 2004 Rally Japan

4 new kit on the way, maybe 3 buy, :lol:

Jay!
09-08-2004, 02:56 PM
2004 Rally Japan as in the event that happened last week? :confused: And the kit's announced only days later? Wow...

I guess a Subaru win on home turf was enough for Tamiya to get up and put out a new kit... ;)

ZoomZoomMX-5
09-08-2004, 03:03 PM
2004 Rally Japan as in the event that happened last week? :confused: And the kit's announced only days later? Wow...

I guess a Subaru win on home turf was enough for Tamiya to get up and put out a new kit... ;)

Sure looks like it! I'm sure the home-field advantage and win by Subaru in the hands of Solberg made Tamiya really happy they were doing this model!

Hmmm...maybe there's some NASCAR-style home cookin' going on there, to make sure a Japanese team won... :evillol: :iceslolan

Guess we won't be seeing a Peugeot 307 until they get a gearbox for it... :uhoh:

Too bad the Xsara is by Heller...it's great to make a curbside tuner with, but lousy to make a replica. Tamiya should do that car...Loeb and Citroen are pounding everyone else into submission.

nis.k.a.
09-08-2004, 03:14 PM
I wonder if the 1/64 cars that are listed under Tamiya are the same ones released stateside under the Muscle Machines name?

The list seems to be exactly the same but I haven't seen the Skyline. I bought the Weds Celica, Daishin Slivia, Takata NSX and the Amemiya FD 2 weeks ago. I didn't buy the MR-S or Supra as they didn't look appealing.

Rtuned
09-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Also i just checked. This car and the XANAVI 350Z are being released in December. Also they are releasing the Calsonic Skyline and Xanavi Skyline finished body models. http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?TAM24277

The Zzzzz!!! Wow! no more scratchbuilding for me... :lol2: Hopefully ST27 will release all the Z car decals too.

gasman03
09-08-2004, 03:35 PM
I wonder if the 1/64 cars that are listed under Tamiya are the same ones released stateside under the Muscle Machines name?

The list seems to be exactly the same but I haven't seen the Skyline. I bought the Weds Celica, Daishin Slivia, Takata NSX and the Amemiya FD 2 weeks ago. I didn't buy the MR-S or Supra as they didn't look appealing.

nope, RC2, who ownes AMT ownes Muscle Mechines...or at least thats what i've heard

TireGaint
09-08-2004, 04:09 PM
WOW AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Three 1/24, and Two 1/12 MotoGP in 2004, Tamiya gets their $ again.....but I am still waiting for 1/20 Ferrari F2004 and 1/24 F430. Hope they are coming. :D

StephenDeli
09-08-2004, 04:23 PM
^ Me too. I hate to be the party pooper but all these cars are just not my cup of tea. I would like to see some more Formula One Cars. Of course Ferrari F2002-2004 would be nice but I am so desperate I would take any F1 car. Also some more roadgoing cars. F430, M3/5, RX-8(I know fujimi has one). So I guess Im waiting till next december.

DSM-Mark
09-08-2004, 04:30 PM
I hope I have a job by January.... it'll be my biggest HS order to date....

TireGaint
09-08-2004, 04:32 PM
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!! GALLARDO is joining the family in December.....wow I really need some funding and sponsor to support me and buy the Subaru WRC2004 and 2 Gallardos.

labandabonnot
09-08-2004, 04:38 PM
Stop! That's too much good news for one day! I can't hold that!
I'm going to breeze a little, and I'll come back to see it with my own eyes on the sites...
Saving money time has just started now!

Vric
09-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Stop! That's too much good news for one day! I can't hold that!
I'm going to breeze a little, and I'll come back to see it with my own eyes on the sites...
Saving money time has just started now!

Damn I was saving for a Profil24 McLaren F1, but now too much nice model hit December.. I Hope Santa will be generous this year !

blubaja
09-08-2004, 05:01 PM
Hey,
Including the rest of this month and all of December, can they really do the whole production of these kits in 4 months? Or, maybe they were just not telling us, they already have been working on them. Can't wait!!!!! Sooo many nice models.
Frank X.

geofroley
09-08-2004, 05:08 PM
I hope you guys notcied that the Xanavi Z was a die cast display model.

ZoomZoomMX-5
09-08-2004, 05:31 PM

I hadn't noticed that. I certainly hope it's a typo on HLJ's part.

labandabonnot
09-08-2004, 06:05 PM
I don't think so... Maybe just something new, a kind of semi die-cast and semi snap-on kit...
Wait and see... It doesn't look overpriced, I mean: at a price similar to plastic kit ones...
:dunno:

It doesn't matter! No word can make me stop smiling after I read this magical one: GALLARDO! :D (and the size of the wheels doesn't matter too: what's important is the way you're using them! :lol: Thanks Fujimi for not leting us down!)

ZoomZoomMX-5
09-08-2004, 06:14 PM
No word can make me stop smiling after I read this magical one: GALLARDO! :D (and the size of the wheels doesn't matter too: what's important is the way you're using them! :lol: Thanks Fujimi for not leting us down!)

The Fujimi Murcielago wheels are correctly sized...I got the kit today and have set it together. We're used to seeing oversized rims on models, and many times they look better w/slightly oversized wheels. The main issue when building is to get the wheels properly centered, with the correct offset, and getting the ride height correct or slightly lowered. Comparing pics of the 1:1 car and the model proves to me at least that the wheels are correct. I'm using the stock wheels on mine, and will tweak the suspension to make sure it sits with the right look and attitude. The Gallardo rims...damn, they look fine...they'll look great on a Murcielago...

flyonthewall
09-08-2004, 06:31 PM
What a great end to the year

I think that's a mistake on HLJ's part. The kit number certainly suggests its part of the 1/24 plastic kit line up - 24277. The die-cast models are 23...

geofroley
09-08-2004, 06:32 PM
What a great end to the year

I think that's a mistake on HLJ's part. The kit number certainly suggests its part of the 1/24 plastic kit line up - 24277. The die-cast models are 23...

Thank God! The Xanavi Z is my favorite race car and it would be awesome to build it.

gasman03
09-08-2004, 06:37 PM
plus, prebuilts and diecast are alot more then $25.00 bucks, especially Tamiya diecasts

nis.k.a.
09-08-2004, 06:45 PM
nope, RC2, who ownes AMT ownes Muscle Mechines...or at least thats what i've heard

Possible...hmmm...it's almost too much of a coincidence, same scale, same models, close pricing. The JGTC pieces that are in the Muscle Machines packages are awesome and full of detail. It through me off when I first saw them because of the quality. I guess we'll just wait and see.

spaceversusmodels
09-08-2004, 06:51 PM
As far as the Nismo Z goes...

"This item is a die-cast metal and plastic display car model. It does not require either cement or paint to complete or use."

Which is a bit disappointing...

Cheers,

Oliver

Vric
09-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Well I really hope they don't make a crapy snap kit cos I will keep my money and give it to Aoshima and Fujimi

it tell it don't need paint or glue, but it's ranked Level3 :screwy:

nismo man
09-08-2004, 07:03 PM
yes!!! the Z is coming and so is the subaru impreza better save up that money for december.

RallyRaider
09-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Great news about the Subaru. Of course I was waiting for a 307 but this at least shows Tamiya are still taking notice of WRC. :)

The HLJ have surely got the diecast blurb wrong. As Jay points out the stock number and "Sports Car" series indicate it will be a plastic kit.

blubaja
09-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Hey,
Aw dam! Waitaminute. I saw on www.onestopdiecast.com a builtup diecast Z from muscle machines. I dunno now. We'll have to wait n see. Frank X.

Vric
09-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Well bad news guys.. Unless Hobby Search did a typo too, the Z will be semi-Diecast crap

Die cast chassis

http://tinyurl.com/4lllh

nis.k.a.
09-08-2004, 10:40 PM
Aww Haaa.....

Tamiya is using the same die-cast models as Muscle Machines. The same 1:64 models and surprise.....Muscle Machines has a 1:24 JGTC Z coming out also.....

Oh well....that's a bummer but at least my local "one stop shopping" store will have the JGTC Z soon.

nis.k.a.
09-08-2004, 10:43 PM
Here's the sneak peek of the 1:24 JGTC Z (http://www.musclemachines.com/sneak/index.asp#)

RallyRaider
09-09-2004, 03:04 AM
Tamiya is using the same die-cast models as Muscle Machines. The same 1:64 models and surprise.....Muscle Machines has a 1:24 JGTC Z coming out also.....

If this is true and I certainly hope it isn't then it is an alarming development. Tamiya have dabbled in diecasts before but to include one as part of their Sports car line is :screwy: I'll keep the faith in Tamiya for now and trust it ain't true :eek:

flyonthewall
09-09-2004, 05:37 AM
Also, Fujimi are doing the Mazdaspeed RX-8 :)

gasman03
09-09-2004, 08:40 AM
I was wrong, RC2 does'nt own Muscle Mechines, its Action Performance, which could be a good thing becouse Action (who makes the most insanly detailed NASCAR diecasts, as well as some IRL cars) has some afiliation with Revell/Monogram, and they've been converting diecasts into kits like the 93 Civic and 99 Eclipse. look at this muscle mechines Monster truck kit, does'nt it look like the Revell diecast BigFoot kit.

Muscle Mechines Monster Trucks (http://www.musclemachines.com/tr/images/largea/124OBSESSIONKIT.jpg)

Vric
09-09-2004, 08:50 AM
Anyone can tell me the fun of buying a diecast model ? I mean it look great, but take 2 minutes to make... not worth the 40$ they will ask for it.. I want to make it ! not paying someone to make it.

Damn Tamiya. The best news of the day is ruined

nis.k.a.
09-09-2004, 09:56 AM
If this is true and I certainly hope it isn't then it is an alarming development. Tamiya have dabbled in diecasts before but to include one as part of their Sports car line is :screwy: I'll keep the faith in Tamiya for now and trust it ain't true :eek:

OK....but I don't think Tamiya themselves could do a better job. These things are awesome. Super detail on the outside, the doors even open up to show the cages and cockpits. Some of the cars have plated wheels. It wouldn't be a bad thing if Tamiya just put a different name on the package. Too much of a coincidence for me. BTW, Funline stamps are on the bottom.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-3/668499/DSCN1033.JPG

Spitfire7
09-09-2004, 10:15 AM
A diecast. I hope its just a mistake. If its not then i will be seriously pissed off.

Vric
09-09-2004, 10:18 AM
A diecast. I hope its just a mistake. If its not then i will be seriously pissed off.

2 mistake on 2 different website (2 competitors webssite)
Well I will need to kick Mister Tamiya a$$ once again... harder this time :lol:

ZoomZoomMX-5
09-10-2004, 09:54 AM
Also, Fujimi are doing the Mazdaspeed RX-8 :)

While Vric is kicking some Mr. Tamiya A$$, he can kick him one more time for letting Fujimi do this kit instead of Tamiya :naughty: :evillol: :rolleyes: .

I want a Mazdaspeed RX8. I cringe when I think how they might make the front end look... :uhoh: :banghead:

hirofkd
09-10-2004, 06:15 PM
Here's more info about the new Z kit translated by bablefish.

Size: 1/24
* it is the plastic model assembly kit of 1/24 scales.
* Adopting the part division which overtakes assembly cheapness.
* The die-cast make under panel part which produces the heavy appearance when completing.
* As for emblem and mirror surface front and back inlet mark.
* As for decare 1 the car, 22 choosing the car, preparing 2 types which are assembled. Furthermore masking sticker attaching for front window.
* As for reflector front and back plated part.
* As for rear brake lamp clear lead part.
* Preparing the nylon mesh for the front air intake.
* As for paint color TS? 8 Italian lead-lead, TS? 17 aluminum silver.

Don't make much sense, do they? :)
Anyway, what I know from the Japanese text is that it is a plastic model kit in 1/24 scale, the under tray is diecast metal, emblems and mirror faces are metal transfer parts, you have the choice of making either car No. 1 or 22, window masking stickers are included, light brackets are plated, brake lights are color-molded, mesh sheet for the front intake is included, TS-8 and TS-17 spray cans are recommended.

nis.k.a.
09-10-2004, 07:07 PM
Hopefully it is a prodominantly plastic kit. That would be awesome.

Jay!
09-10-2004, 07:35 PM
WTF? Metal chassis plate? :confused:
Adopting the part division which overtakes assembly cheapness. What word is "cheapness" supposed to be? Efficiency? Simplicity?

Vric
09-10-2004, 07:48 PM
very disapointed with the Z.. and it might be the end of plastic car if this one is selling good

the worst part is glue and paint not required :eek:

(_S200_)
09-10-2004, 08:03 PM
it sounds like tamiya doing what they did to one of their new 1/35 scale military vehicles (JGSDF light armored vehicle). they have a die cast chassis to add weight to the model. if this is the idea, then im sure that most of the model will be plastic much like the JGSDF model.

here is a link to tamiya describing the new diecast chassis in the armored vehicle, it under "about the model"
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=35275

hirofkd
09-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Damn it! I just learned that Aoshima canceled the 80 Supra Veilside C-1 and C-2 in 1/24 scale. I hope it's just pushed off, instead of completely ditched the idea.

clem24
09-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Is a road version far behind...?

Vric
09-18-2004, 08:38 PM
any news on the Z ?

Vric
12-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Here is some news on the Z
http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/masterwork/index.htm#21016

Very bad news, it's a full pre asembled kit. No glue, no paint, no fun to have at all... damn Tamiya

Jay!
12-05-2004, 06:25 PM
Typos maybe? That's a Skyline, not a Z. The Z is still listed with item number 24277 on this page (along with also the p/e detail sets for the GT Z and the WRC 04 Impreza):

http://www.tamiya.com/english/news/news0412/news2.htm#24277

freakray
12-05-2004, 07:46 PM
Here is some news on the Z
http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/masterwork/index.htm#21016

Very bad news, it's a full pre asembled kit. No glue, no paint, no fun to have at all... damn Tamiya

The kit's title clearly states....

1/24 Scale Xanavi Nismo GT-R (R34) Finished Model

Vric
12-05-2004, 08:26 PM
hehe I need some sleep

anyway, i'm sure the Z will be exactly like that (since both 1999 and HLJ say no glue and no paint required, and both have a "die-cast chassis under-panel providing added weight for greater realism"

I'm sure it will be a pair

but sorry for that one... still no news for a Tamiya car that should be relesed this month...

ZoomZoomMX-5
12-05-2004, 09:23 PM
hehe I need some sleep

anyway, i'm sure the Z will be exactly like that (since both 1999 and HLJ say no glue and no paint required, and both have a "die-cast chassis under-panel providing added weight for greater realism"

I'm sure it will be a pair

but sorry for that one... still no news for a Tamiya car that should be relesed this month...

You do need sleep or perhaps some happy pills :icon16: . Here is the description from Tamiya's own webpage.

1/24 scale assembly kit of the 2004 JGTC championship winning Nismo Z. Features pre-painted (gloss black) die-cast under panel for extra weight. Metal plated parts used for front and rear reflectors and transparent red plastic used for tail lamp. Kit includes metal transfer mirrors and emblem, nylon mesh front air intake and photo etched parts. 2 sets of markings to produce either car No.1 Xanavi Nismo or No.22 Motul Pitwork.

They're also releasing a separate photoetch detail set to make it even better for super-detailers. The picture on their website looks pretty damned good.

Read all about it:

Tamiya New Products/Page Two Xanavi Z car (http://www.tamiya.com/english/news/news0412/news2.htm)

Add your comment to this topic!