Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

rb26dett into r32 gtst

Number4
09-08-2004, 04:29 AM
Im sure you have probably heard this 1 million times , but i couldnt find it on the forums plz dont sculd me ! :uhoh:

but yeah , how hard isit to fit an rb26dett into a r32 gtst im looking at importing a r32 from japan in the next month or so and yeah just seeing if it is possible cheers

RazorGTR
09-08-2004, 12:03 PM
it drops right in but that is where the easy part ends. You need to change the following to make it work.

ECU, transmission, drive shaft, fuel pump, front mount & pluming, sump (oil pan), coil loom to GTS-t, igniter, use two air flow meters, map sensor, radiator. That is off the top of my head.

tazdev
09-10-2004, 06:32 PM
and to be on the safe side Brakes

hicaus
10-19-2004, 08:25 PM
I've heard some stuff about a rb30dett how is this if so were can I get one

Ebola 33-t
10-31-2004, 09:38 PM
OS Giken make RB30 kits, and ready to go engines

thegladhatter
10-31-2004, 10:20 PM
it drops right in but that is where the easy part ends. You need to change the following to make it work.

ECU, transmission, drive shaft, fuel pump, front mount & pluming, sump (oil pan), coil loom to GTS-t, igniter, use two air flow meters, map sensor, radiator. That is off the top of my head.
Which of those are essential and which are just best practice? doesn't the transmission bolt up okay? ..and if so, doesn't the old drive shaft work as well? My son is in the midst of an RB26DETT swap and we were under the impression that a lot of the RB20 stuff would work on a temporary basis. (not ecu, fp, etc) He has a nice Laurel and he is replacing the RB20DET with and RB26. He has a GTR fuel pump, FMIC, ECU and such, but has no new transmission yet.

thegladhatter
11-14-2004, 02:23 AM
Well....we met with frustration....
We were under the impression that the RB20DET oil pan would fit on an RB26DETT. WRONG!! We will have to secure an RB25DET oilpan for the project. The car sits for a week now. This sure sucks.

Edit:
He met with a tuner here who indicated that the RB20 oil pan DOES work. The bolt holes are different but the block has TWO sets of holes for either pan. We never thought to look at the bottom of the block for different holes. The pan does need a little gentle banging with a ball peen hammer and the oil pump needs a little shaving done but it will be rolling in a day or so.

VRT_Firestarter
12-16-2004, 08:29 PM
Which of those are essential and which are just best practice? doesn't the transmission bolt up okay? ..and if so, doesn't the old drive shaft work as well? My son is in the midst of an RB26DETT swap and we were under the impression that a lot of the RB20 stuff would work on a temporary basis. (not ecu, fp, etc) He has a nice Laurel and he is replacing the RB20DET with and RB26. He has a GTR fuel pump, FMIC, ECU and such, but has no new transmission yet.
wait a minute...gladhatter. son dropping a 26 into a laurel...is this jordans dad? in iwakuni?

Add your comment to this topic!