Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Gurgling sound from gas tank

Gocards
09-08-2004, 12:29 AM
With a full tank of gas only. Could this be just the gas cap or maybe something more serious. 99 Dogde Ram

BleedDodge
09-08-2004, 01:02 PM
There's probably nothing wrong. When does it happen? Right after you fill it? Days after you fill it? What's happening?

GreenlandMopar
09-08-2004, 01:36 PM
hey Bleeddodge do you think that the breather on the gas cap isnt working properly?????

BleedDodge
09-08-2004, 03:56 PM
No.

Gocards
09-09-2004, 12:03 AM
This usually happens right after I fill up. Then will continue for a day or so depending on how much gas I run out. I think it usually stops after I burn about 1/8 of the tank.

When it first started I would not fill the tank up all the way and would not have this problem.

I can't explain it any better because to me it sounds like a gurgling or bubbling sound. This just started about a month ago. Never really heard it before but may not have paid enough attention.

What do you think bleed Dodge?

BleedDodge
09-09-2004, 12:14 AM
I don't think it's anything to be worried about, I don't know why you call it a problem. It doesn't prevent the truck from running or anything right? Maybe you have fish in your tank? LOL!

I don't believe there is cause for concern. If it bugs you that badly, just don't fill the tank so much.

If something actually does go bad as a cause of this, let us know. I know I've never heard of this before...

Add your comment to this topic!