Stuck in 4 wheel low

BLDun
09-08-2004, 12:36 AM
I have a 2000 4x4 Jimmy. I put it in 4 wheel low to pull someone out of the mud from the hurricane and only pulled they about 20 feet. Tried to put it back in 2 wheel hi and it wouldn't go. In fact it won't go into anything! Stays in 4 wheel low. Light on dash says service 4 wheel drive. Any ideas or help????

Teaman3
09-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Check underneath that nothing's been ripped off/damaged eg wires, vac pipes. Make sure any mechanism is not jammed up with mud/debris.

If there are any fuses in the electrical circuit check them.

Beyond that I can't help. Good luck.

kwtrux
09-19-2004, 11:58 AM
I have a 2000 4x4 Jimmy. I put it in 4 wheel low to pull someone out of the mud from the hurricane and only pulled they about 20 feet. Tried to put it back in 2 wheel hi and it wouldn't go. In fact it won't go into anything! Stays in 4 wheel low. Light on dash says service 4 wheel drive. Any ideas or help????

I had the same problem in my 1999. light on- would not go into 2lo.

after asking questions of several people- I replaced the actual in-dash switch- problem solved.

costs 25-35.00 at dealer- takes less that 3 minutes to replace. I just straightened a paperclip- inserted it gently at top of switch where it meets dash and it pops out. There is one wire with plug- just swap wire to new switch and pop it back in place. Works best if you insert bottom of switch first and then top- be gentle- don't force it in.

I have no more problem or service 4x4 light on. good luck!

Add your comment to this topic!