Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Replacement Tamiya Parts

mole
02-09-2002, 12:52 PM
Is there anywhere online that sell replacment Tamiya parts?

I am after 0000126 & 1422186 for Subaru Impreza '99 WRC 24218.

I cocked the windsreen right up!! :( :(

Cheers, Mole

flyonthewall
02-09-2002, 02:26 PM
Dude if your in the UK u will need to conact The Hobby Company which is the UK distributer for Tamiya. They have a stripped kits department and they will send u any replacement parts u need, the no is 01525385799 - that will take u straight to that department. I had the exact same problem when i screwed up the painting of the windscreen surrounds coz the masks leaked. I called these guys and they sent me the entire clear sprue so now i have a few extra bits for my parts box hehe!

mole
02-09-2002, 03:30 PM
Excellent. Thanks for that!

Will give them a call Monday.

How much did the parts cost, can you remember?

Cheers, Mole

Jay!
02-09-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by mole
How much did the parts cost, can you remember?Ditto. I called the American Tamiya office on Thursday, but I got a machine... I have to call again... :rolleyes:

flyonthewall
02-09-2002, 05:37 PM
They didnt cost me a thing. i dont actually know what their policy is but as far as i can tell if its a broken part they will replace it.

awaken1973
02-09-2002, 08:22 PM
Ditto. I called the American Tamiya office on Thursday, but I got a machine... I have to call again...

Is it possibly to get parts for the kit which I didn't actually have?
I need 2 sets of Tamiya Porsche Carrera wheels just becouse they are very nice

Jay!
02-09-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by awaken1973
Is it possibly to get parts for the kit which I didn't actually have?
I need 2 sets of Tamiya Porsche Carrera wheels just becouse they are very nice Well, I do need a new set of masking seals for my S2000, but I figured while I was on the phone with them anyway, I would ask for an extra set of metal emblems for my other Honda kits... :)

Their U.S. number is 1-800-TAMIYA-A, BTW. :D

flyonthewall
02-10-2002, 05:15 AM
I did try to get them to send me some wheels from the Corolla kit for another project im working on. I made out that they were missing from the box (because how can u break a whole set of wheels and tyres???) but they were having none of it and said i should take it back to shop. I told them it wasnt possible coz i got it from a show, so they said there would be a charge of £5 which is nothing anyway really.

Hawk312
02-11-2002, 07:57 AM
Well, I do need a new set of masking seals for my S2000, but I figured while I was on the phone with them anyway, I would ask for an extra set of metal emblems for my other Honda kits...

Do you think they will replace the Porsche Boxster body that I broke over the weekend? :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Guiddy
02-11-2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Hawk312

Do you think they will replace the Porsche Boxster body that I broke over the weekend? :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

You lot are a bunch or amatures!!!:rolleyes:

ales
02-11-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Guiddy

You lot are a bunch or amatures!!!:rolleyes:

Yes we are!!! And we're daaaaaamn proud of it! ;):):silly:

ales
02-12-2002, 06:54 AM
MIka (or anyone else), is there a way to get Tamiya replacement parts in Finland? I need the roof / pillar for my 300ZX convertible. I most probably will end up buying anothe kit, but I'd rather get a turbo, not a convertible.

flyonthewall
02-12-2002, 07:14 AM
The people who send out replacement parts are the distributers. Look on the Tamiya website to see who the distributer for finland is.

mole
02-13-2002, 08:58 AM
You lot are a bunch or amatures!!!

Yup, we certainly are - this is only my 2nd model :D

Fly - Thanks mate!

They looked in a box but the windscreen had already gone - so they had to charge me cos it was my fault I needed new parts - if they were broken or missing they woulda been free! Oh well.

Thanks again!

Mole

Add your comment to this topic!