Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Radio Security Code Lookup

jkohut
09-07-2004, 02:35 PM
Hello,

I had a car accident a couple of weeks ago and the body shop which they took my car to does not know about the factory security code for the radio in my 98 Honda Accord. I bought the car used and was never given the code. I was able to get the Serial Number off of the back of the radio (it is also the same as the sticker in the glove compartment also), but when I read it to my Honday dealer they acted like it wasn't the right code ( I think they want to make some money off of the work).

Could someone be able to look up the code for my serial number?

E80440602A

That is the number on both the bottom of the radio and the white tag inside the glove compartment. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Xesss
09-09-2004, 03:17 AM
I had almost the same problem. Dealership are bitc**ssss. The only way u can get the code is to bring your into the dealership itself. Bug their ass. They might be asshole and ask you to take out the radio from your car and show them the serial number straight up. (I did) They shouldn't charge u anything. They thought my radio was stolen.

Good luck with gettint the code!

jkohut
09-09-2004, 11:05 AM
I finally pulled the radio and got all information on the bottom of the radio and gave it to the dealer. They had to call Honda, but I got the code!

Add your comment to this topic!