Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How do I adjust headlights

z4sheri
09-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Hello All,
I am having a hard time driving my z4 at night. Example: I can only see maybe two lines in front of me. My headlights will not even shine on a license plate of the car in front of me. How can I adjust the headlights?
Also, can I put Xenon lights on this car?

Thanks guys

Sheri

crayzayjay
09-16-2004, 05:21 PM
Don't adjust them yourself. If it's really obvious that the lights aren't as bright as they should be, take it to the dealer.

I think it just might be that you're not used to such a low driving position, which makes visibility worse.

MIGTPGUY
01-26-2005, 05:22 PM
Hmmm, I dont know. My Z4 has xexon and they auto-adjust when you turn them on. If you have the money, upgrade to a xexon system. All i know is that these headlights are amazing. I have driven with halogen and some HID systems, none are like the xexons that came with my 04 Z4. Its like a spot light concentrated on the road. I would take it to a dealer and see what they can do.

rjinaz85308
01-01-2007, 09:59 PM
I have the Xenon lights. They are designed to auto-level when you turn them on. I had the same problem and the dealer was able to adjust them a litttle higher. They told me they were not set to spec when delivered.

nevile
11-08-2010, 05:41 AM
Need to replace right side headlamp assembly. Do you have to remove the right front tire and go through the slpash guard? Can you just remove it from behind the cowl inside the engine compartment? Can I swap in a non Zenon (halogen) assembly and convert it to zenon with parts from my broken zenon assy? Thanks!
http://www.automobiletalk.org/images/spacer.gif

Add your comment to this topic!