Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2 More Questions...

KaMaKaZiPyRo
09-06-2004, 10:32 PM
One is it possible to fix a distributor? Because I asked a mechanic about what he though was wrong wen i told him my car stalled out and it only turns over but doesnt start. He said it was the distributor, so i wanted to know if I could check anything to see wat was wrong or if I could possibly fix, im broke and hav no ride... 2nd question, in your opinion what would be the better option for going turbo? B20 block with GSR head, or the GSR Block/Head? Also what tranny to use??

DeleriouS
09-07-2004, 06:10 PM
One is it possible to fix a distributor?[/

In my opinion it might not be just you your distributor. Sometimes your cap and rotor need to be replaced. Also your spark plug wires could be jumping across to eachother. My advice is to get some cheap, or nice, spark plug wires - see if that works. The get a new cap and rotor for your distributor. maybe someone can help me out here but i think i am on the right track with this.

2nd question, in your opinion what would be the better option for going turbo? B20 block with GSR head, or the GSR Block/Head? Also what tranny to use???[/

from everything that I have heard, I would go with the LS/VTEC and go turbo, you will get mad times if you combine those. Also if you have the block out of the car, make sure you get it sleeved and put low compression pistions, and reinforce the block in there if you decided to go turbo. It seems to me that everyone is going with the 9:1 compression ratio, but personally I would go with 8.5:1 ratio. If you do that, then you can practically go unlimited boost. In essance you can put a lot of boost into a strong engine and make some mad power.

KaMaKaZiPyRo
09-07-2004, 06:46 PM
My cap, rotor, and wires are no more than a month old. Also im not gettin any spark at all. Those are the only reasons I think its the distributor, plus i took it off and at the bottom ware the distributor goes into the head, its loose, i can move it around easily, i dunno if thats normal or anything. Also thanks on your opinion on the block choices, my friend is getting an ls/vtec with the same car that I have and i wanna beat him but just not have the same engine setup, anyone got any ideas on some engines/combos that could take an ls/vtec?

rubix777
09-07-2004, 08:36 PM
h23a vtec?

KaMaKaZiPyRo
09-07-2004, 09:31 PM
with an h22a head rite? nvm i doubt that would fit too easily in my 91 hatch...

rubix777
09-08-2004, 12:41 AM
You can try N2O

DeleriouS
09-08-2004, 07:58 AM
You can try N2O

no, don't go with nitrous until you have all of your other modifications done. everyone thinks you can just slap on nos and then be faster with out with out doing anything to your car. n2o puts a lot of stress on your block.

Add your comment to this topic!