price of fender and paint

boosted k20
09-06-2004, 09:54 PM
whats up. so today im drive n down the street and im at a stop light. theres a lady in a hyndai on the left hand side of the street with her left turn signal blinking. so im thinking she's gonna be makeing a left turn. so i pull to the right of her planning on going straight. the light turned green and i went straight and then the bitch makes a right turn from the left hand side of the road with her left turn signal still blinking!!!! i started honking and swerved to the right to avoid the hit but she still hits my fender and front bumper. she keeps on going still hitting me and pushing me to the side. she finally stops and i get out my car. my whole driver's side fender is dented in and bumper's a little scratched up. and the only damage she had was a punctured tire!!!!!
i was sooooo pissed off. but to make a long story short, i got $300 bucks from her for the accident. no insurance company's were involved. thank god!!!!
there was no frame damage, only drivers side fender needs to be replaced. it also needs to be painted and so does the front bumper.

i just wanna know how much will a stock drivers side fender go for plus painting it and the front bumper. nothing over $300 right?

by the way, i will be installing everything myself, so no labor charge

Xesss
09-06-2004, 11:39 PM
you'll be lucky if you the job done for $300. jsut alone sanding and preping the bumper for paint at a local body shop is $200. plus they have to color match the color to car. *extra* your lookin at around $500 job. a driver side fender is around $100 maybe cheaper depends on where you get it. i say get a fender on ebay in used but still good condition and do all the sanding and preping yourself. then bring it to a body shop and should be cheaper.

shit i bought a used 3 piece wing and i took it to a local body to see how much it would cost to paint it, the cheapest i found was 210 for everything.

nu-b94teg
09-07-2004, 03:04 AM
Man that sux! Well I went to a local junkyard looking for a fender for my car(My fender has bondo on it and was cracking pretty badly.) Anyways I bought the fender for 75.00 and painted the whole car for $450.00. Not the best job but its guaranteed for 2 years. I also had a small dent on the rear quarter panel which was fixed as well. I was searching on ebay and found one for you http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7919112998&category=33644

Xesss
09-07-2004, 04:47 AM
where did u get your car painted at? did u get a clear coat?

nu-b94teg
09-07-2004, 06:45 AM
Econo paint. I'm not sure about clear coat. It doesn't look like it. Anyways I'm just trying to do my performance mods first, then I'll get the car repainted

knorwj
09-07-2004, 09:28 AM
I just replaced my driver side fender and painted it myself... came to just shy of 200.00. thats just the price of the fender, and paint to do it myself.

you should have gotten insurence involved thats what its for, you weren't at fault if I understand the story correctly and there was no way you could have known or avoided it.

SBallerk2
09-07-2004, 11:33 AM
dude..u can get a new right fender pretty cheap also a new bumper if u need them...but whatever u do don't paint ur whole car if it still has original paint also $300 isn't quite enought to fix the damage to it's orginal place...Plus I have always belived it's better that the person of "Fault" should chunk up all repairs and pay for then saying u when to a body shop of her/his choice and the repair was $300 or up he/she should pay all that damage...none of that I'll give u this money and this should be enough unless she would give u like 700 bucks or something like that ;)

but good luck fixing ur Teg

boosted k20
09-07-2004, 07:26 PM
well on friday im gonnna go down with one of my friends to the paint shop. he has close ties with the guy that owns the shop. he said he can get me the whole car painted for $300. so im gonna see how much he'll charge for just the bumper and fender. if it's over $200, i'll just get the whole car painted for $300. kinda need it too. i have a big swirl on my hood from before and i need to get rid of my nasty faded pinstripes. i shoulda asked for $400 from the chick. shit! i didnt wanna get insurance involved cuz my insurance is gonna go up as well if i get them involved. plus im insured under my sister and brother-in-laws name, so there insurance might go up too. i dont want to bring them into this.

i might get the fender for around $40-75. im gonna do all the install myself, so that will cut down on the price. anyways, i went to Atlantic city on sunday and won $300 so i should have the cash.

thanks for the help

boosted k20
09-07-2004, 07:33 PM
heres some pics of the fender

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/108387crash2.jpg

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/500/108387crash1.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!