Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

3 buttons above sunglass holder???

theroadhawg
09-06-2004, 08:04 PM
Hello all,

I just bought an 02 Mountaineer from carmax. It didn't come with an owners manual, so I was hoping for some help. There are these three little black rubber buttons overhead above the sunglass holder. When I press them, a little red LED lights up, but nothing happens.

Can anyone please tell me what these buttons are for.

Thanks!

sho_u
09-07-2004, 09:12 PM
hi,
those buttons are for you to program and use as your garage door opener :smokin:
i dont have a garage ,so i never used mine.
im sure your local dealer could help you if need to have it programmed.
if not e-mail me and i'll try to get info for you.
bryan

Doug Rodrigues
09-11-2004, 10:30 PM
Those little buttons can be programed simply by holding your garage opener close to the gizmo on the sun visor. You hold the button down on your garage door opener and at the same time hold any of the three buttons on the gizmo down too. When the light blinks, the gizmo is programed. Since you have three buttons, you can have one button for the garage door, and the other two for operating remote control lights, or whatever. The other buttons (if you have other buttons) operate the digital voice recorder. Slick, 'eh?

svsund
10-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Like the others said, the buttons are for a garage door opener, however, be warned, if you have a newer garage door opener, the code "rolls" and the standard programming doesn't work and you have to do a fairly complicated procedure to get it to work right. If you have this problem, let me know and I'll post the entire procedure to set it.

Add your comment to this topic!