Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Changing Fuel Filter

Ridenour
09-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Hey guys, I know I need to change my fuel filter, but I've never done it before. I don't know where it is or how to change it. Also, give me a suggestion of the best fuel filter out there to replace it with. Thanks

Pvt_Murphy
09-04-2004, 02:58 PM
http://www.pfyc.com/supportfiles/gasfilter/
that's the best i can find but it's for a grand prix
if you can find grand am specific instructions or do it sucessfully please post cuz i'm still waiting on those

jvmrn
09-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Hey guys, I know I need to change my fuel filter, but I've never done it before. I don't know where it is or how to change it. Also, give me a suggestion of the best fuel filter out there to replace it with. Thanks

i have a 93 grand am 3.3L V6. my fuel filter is beside my gas tank on the left hand side . you have to releive the fuel pressure in the sysytem. to do this just unplug the fuel pump from the gas tank and then try to start your car at least 3 times. then using flare nut wrench and a back up wrench loosen the connectors on the filter. the back up wrench is to help eliminate the fuel line from twisting ... you will still get a little gas leaking because of the fuel left in the line. after the old filter is off make sure you put the new one on the right way on mine there was arrows to show me .. i just got my filter at a car part store.

Ridenour
09-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Awesome. seems simple enough. Thanks guys

Add your comment to this topic!