Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2k dollars, is it enough? please read

94tegRS
02-08-2002, 05:54 PM
OK, I havebeen reading around and have found that to get the optimum bore/srtoke ratio of 1.75:1 to get bored to 86mm and get the B17a crank and it is at 1.74:1 and can rev significantly higher. well, I have found a mcahin shop that i know someone who used it and say they are good, and I called them and asked them how much to bore and sleeve my engine to 86mm, and he said it should be about 100 bucks. so now i have about 1900 bucks left, and with this, I am thinking of getting forged rods, new rod and crank bearings, high C/R pistons. and maybe port and polish head. also I heard you have top do some valvetrain work to make use of the higher RPM use. would a new pair of performance cams be good enough?

and I will do everything but the machine work, so ill save some money there. also, should I be able to be back droiving my care within 2 weeks of this.

and what RPM's would the limuit be with the optimum B/S ratio and new cams and forged internals, 8500? more or less?

oh yeah, also it already gots some cheap intake, DC 4-2-1 hdrs and full exhaust., what kind of power should I expect?

Thanks,

Matt

Prelussion
02-08-2002, 09:33 PM
w/ all of that Revvin your gonna need a block girdle. try www.z10engineering.com if their site is back up.

hybridDC2
02-08-2002, 11:11 PM
dude trust me, you dont just bore your stock cylinders to 86mm from 81mm just like that. take your head off and look at how thin your cylinder walls are and you'll see what i mean. you'll have to get your block custom sleeved and that alone will cost you plenty of money. if your main goal is getting it to rev higher safely and improve your rod ratio, just get some forged pistons and rods.

hybridDC2
02-08-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Prelussion
w/ all of that Revvin your gonna need a block girdle. try www.z10engineering.com if their site is back up.

what he said:smoker:

94tegRS
02-09-2002, 03:55 AM
OK i didnt know whatr the bore was stock, is there a different cramkl where you can get the optimim gbore/stroke wiht the same bore like just a different crank, or boring to lie 82-83 and get a new cranjk also. the guy justw anted to know how muvcha dn ove the phone i told him to just give me a quote of .020 over, and he told me about 90 bucks so i aaidm OK, now that i find it is onlyh 81 stock, ill just think of antoiher thing, would a engine with 110k miles that has been care for last long with a 55 shopt ZEX dry kit? thats cheaper andf then when i get my bonus il make an even better engine.

Add your comment to this topic!