Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

All guages out, odometer reads "no bus"

JBochard
09-03-2004, 05:26 PM
My '01 Ram 1500 sport just had all the guages stop working today to include the odometer which after a few seconds after startup just reads "no bus". The truck runs fine but its a drag not to have any speedo or working guages. I checked the fuses at the dash and under the hood with no results. Any ideas where to look? There has been nothing changed on the truck in several years so it's nothing that has been added.

LTJGWorth
09-05-2004, 02:00 PM
The guages are totally electirical so it could be anything. If the entire guage cluster when out then maybe it has went bad or something is wrong in the computer somewhere. That's really odd.

JBochard
09-05-2004, 03:25 PM
I ran the cluster self test and got the following codes, 900, 920, 921, 940, 950, and of course 999 indicating a code was returned but the actual internal of the clusters guages and lights went fine. It seems to be not getting a signal on the CCD data bus but thats as far as I can get on my own. All fuses and relays seem in order. I found some information that says "check the CCD data bus bias, voltage, and terminations" but does not say how.

BleedDodge
09-05-2004, 08:55 PM
A guy in the Durango forums had this same thing come up on his dash too, I did a Google search for him and it means there is a lack of communication between the pcm and something else, I don't remember what it is. It's a computer problem anyway. Search the Durango forums here or search Google. Google always saves the day.

whitlock
04-03-2005, 10:14 AM
Help.........!!!......same exact problem..!!!!

What to do???

whitlock
04-03-2005, 10:16 AM
I ran the cluster self test and got the following codes, 900, 920, 921, 940, 950, and of course 999 indicating a code was returned but the actual internal of the clusters guages and lights went fine. It seems to be not getting a signal on the CCD data bus but thats as far as I can get on my own. All fuses and relays seem in order. I found some information that says "check the CCD data bus bias, voltage, and terminations" but does not say how.

You still out there ???? I have the same exact problem.

dek139
06-16-2005, 09:48 AM
I had the same problem, the dealer traced it down to the ABS module and replaced it yesterday at a cost of $520, I'm just hoping this fixes it.
the problem would come and go about once a week, so I will not feel good about it for a few weeks

mcconnell
02-13-2006, 07:01 PM
my 2001 ram pickup standard transmission, 318 engine did same thing with no guages -abs, airbag, lowfuel,check engine lites on and no bus on odometer I found power connection in fuse box under hood, loose had to replace nut and tighten down ,all problems solved.

c0wb0yup
02-21-2006, 10:19 PM
2002 Ram 4.7L Quad Cab

I had the same problem, "no bus", headlights wouldn't work without the fog lights being on at the same time, other weird problems. I took out the instrument cluster (speedo, tach, guages), cleaned the connections with a small standard screwdriver, put it back together. No problems yet and it has been 5 months ago that it happened. Hope this helps someone out there

Tony

Add your comment to this topic!