Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 Rodeo Mileage

OscarMeyer195
09-01-2004, 10:24 PM
I have a 1995 6 cylinder Rodeo since new. It has 152K miles on it. I have the oil changed religiously at every 3,000 miles. How much more service/miles can I expect out of it. This is the original engine and have never been rebuilt. Water pump has been changed a few times. This is the only problem.

Just wondering how long people have had their cars and # of miles on it.

amigo-2k
09-01-2004, 11:31 PM
http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=135479&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Ramblin Fever
09-02-2004, 11:20 AM
I currently have 127K almost, on mine. 2nd water pump/timing belt, all original with the exception of maintenance parts.

I've heard of some going well into 200K; you can surely bet I'm gonna try. Mine's runnin like a bat out of @#$#$, she craves to be driven!

I'd like to know who ended up with my old 91 Rodeo, V6 and how she's doing now.

lovemycamaro
09-03-2004, 03:56 PM
I have a 93 Rodeo with 131,000 miles that runs and sounds like new and has no oil leaks. When I took it to the garage to get the smog test done (California) the owner said this vehicle should go 200,000 if the fluids are maintained properly.

I'm going to try to push that because, I like this thing!

jnoblett2000
09-23-2004, 09:05 AM
My 95.5 Rodeo 3.2V6 has 115k. Have replaced timing belt, starter and alternator. All else is original equipment (except of course maintenance items like spark plugs), even the brake pads are original and still have life left!

T2kind
09-28-2004, 11:51 AM
95 Rodeo V6 3.2L, it has 230K, and runs well. Oil change every 3K. Timing belt/water pump changed at 115K. Gas is about 15-17 MPG. Minor tune up such as spark plugs, air filter,...etc..

Ramblin Fever
09-29-2004, 08:35 AM
95 Rodeo V6 3.2L, it has 230K, and runs well. Oil change every 3K. Timing belt/water pump changed at 115K. Gas is about 15-17 MPG. Minor tune up such as spark plugs, air filter,...etc..

Wow! Cool! Does that include original transmission? Manual or Auto?

bmccrayusa
09-29-2004, 02:10 PM
We have 2K V6 3.2L on it second engine. Its first engine died on 61K, general matiness was keep up. Should have run carfax on it when we got it. 50K on new engine until resently all was good. Issue looks to be fuel pump. I want to believe hype you all have about rodeo. I rather just take place C4 at point of the car and watch it go

Both drive and passagener door have issues. Gas gauge thing is anoying. (Soon to be fixed). Drink gas like crazy.

Trans good, electrical good. I tell the truck of its rep it needs to live up to. May that will turn things around.

Ramblin Fever
09-29-2004, 02:35 PM
We have 2K V6 3.2L on it second engine. Its first engine died on 61K, general matiness was keep up. Should have run carfax on it when we got it. 50K on new engine until resently all was good. Issue looks to be fuel pump. I want to believe hype you all have about rodeo. I rather just take place C4 at point of the car and watch it go

Both drive and passagener door have issues. Gas gauge thing is anoying. (Soon to be fixed). Drink gas like crazy.

Trans good, electrical good. I tell the truck of its rep it needs to live up to. May that will turn things around.

I've got to admit, that although this is my 2nd Rodeo, first one was a 91 V6 - loved it too, I personally would not have chosen to buy the 98-2K models. For one, I just don't care for the style of the 2nd generation, and the other is the 98-2000's were the beginning of the redesign, thus had a lot of quirks.

I surely hope things work out for you better then they have been.

T2kind
09-30-2004, 03:41 PM
Ramblin,

It's auto, and with original trans. My trans is acting up...when engine is warmed up, trans appears to be slugish, no power, RMP goes up to 4K, then the 3rd maybe 4th gear kicks in then everything is back to normal. This happens a few times a day with warm engine. I did some research and this may be related to the range sensor or maybe a weak alternator (?). Oh, I plan to replace the oxygen sensor, EGR valve, fuel filter but don't know where they are located at... Any hints?

Ramblin Fever
09-30-2004, 04:31 PM
I would definitely do all that you have mentioned, specially if it's never been/been a long time, since done.

To be honest, I've never cleaned my EGR valve or replaced any oxygen sensors up to this point - mind you, though, I have about 100K less miles then you do.

Do you have any warning lights showing right now? When my alternator went, I had battery/brake lights showing on the dash. With 2nd alternator (weak one to begin with) truck acted like it was missing, and needing a tune-up, though it just had one.

I don't recall my tranny being too much of an issue during that time, but I have COMMONLY heard of tranny issues being related to a faulty alternator. So I would definitely have it checked out soon - low alternators are bad for these trucks.

Keep me posted.

T2kind
09-30-2004, 10:44 PM
Ramblin

I definitely will buy a Chilton/Haynes manual and learn to replace those items. I probably will throw in $90.00 for a rebuilt alternator (taking a shot in the dark though!!!).

Ramblin Fever
10-01-2004, 09:00 AM
Ramblin

I definitely will buy a Chilton/Haynes manual and learn to replace those items. I probably will throw in $90.00 for a rebuilt alternator (taking a shot in the dark though!!!).

Other than "actual" Isuzu alternator, only remanufactored one I'd recommend is Bosch and I say this due to having suffered all summer long trying to figure out my gremlin problems. When my "Isuzu" alternator went in March, I threw in a supposed remanufactored "Isuzu" alternator - all summer long, I had this very faint battery light that would NOT go away no matter what we did.

Recleaned all connections, new positive battery cable, new battery, Autozone electric testing, etc. Nothing cleared that little icon - but there were other things as well.

Volts would constantly drop at the slightest touch of the gas pedal upon take-off's, losing momentom.

A/C and Radio would cut out.

At 40-45mph, truck would cut out like it had a miss. And just overall not the same boosting power I was use to having.

Granted I don't abuse this truck, have never driven it hard, and I'm generally the last to leave the line from a green light - because I choose to; still it was lacking power.

Finally took it to my trusted mechanic, whom I couldn't afford to take it to during the 3-4 months of gremlin attacks. I was sure he'd call and say it had something to do with the main ECU - just because I was at a loss as to what it could have been.

Under load - which Autozone doesn't do when testing alternators - the remanufactored junk wasn't even putting out half; I was so relieved to find out that that's all it was and yet, frustrated at the same time.

Almost a full month following a new Bosch alternator (Bosch's alternators stay "hot" full time) all gremlins have completely vanished.

If you don't know already, these Isuzu's are VERY picky about getting good, clear voltage. If they sense any weakness at all, they will act funny!

I highly recommend a remanufactor "Bosch" over a remanufactored supposed "Isuzu" alternator - unless you go through the dealer to get the rem. Isuzu one, I would trust their's. Except they are very $$$$

Keep me posted, I'm curious to find out what your tranny issue might be.

T2kind
10-01-2004, 07:25 PM
I will ask my ex to get one for me at employee price with a 30-35% discount.
I'll post the results.

T2kind
05-04-2005, 06:34 PM
I finally found my posts last year....

Anyway, since my last post, I have not done anything to my car besides changing engine oil.
Last week, my trans light came up...and my trans was acting up, i.e. not shifting from 1st to 2nd gear!!! and found that the trans fluid was low.
I stopped at gas station and topped off with 2 quartz of trans fluid. The trans light went away for the rest of the day, but the shifting continued happening.
After a week of driving, here where I'm at:
- No trans light (good thing, I guess)
- still having problem of auto shift from 1st to 2nd in D position. At times, I have to start from D3, not D. After passing 40MPH, I manually shift the level back to D, and runs well. The problem does not happen often, may be once or twice per day.

I have searched this forum, and thinking of replacing the shift solenoid (probably the cheapest thing) and see if it improves.

Other than that, I continue driving it and shopping for another car....., Now it has approximately 260K on the first engine/trans.

amigo-2k
05-04-2005, 10:06 PM
where did 2 qts of tranny fluid go?

Add your comment to this topic!