Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Volts are GOOD, ABS issue ??

Ramblin Fever
08-31-2004, 03:58 PM
My stupid RrABS sensor went out AGAIN! As some of you posted earlier as to what might be my cause - this is the 4th gosh darn time it's gone out!

I refused to pay $80 for the sensor and $100 for labor again; so I've decided that I'll just have to go without RrABS for now.

Anyone know how to shut off the idiot light, however? Was thinking of pulling the fuse.

Unless this is a simple fix that someone can shed light on - must admit I'm not very mechanically inclined, I can generally figure out the problem and know what needs to be done, but really don't know what exactly to do, morely out of fear of messing up the computer system.

amigo-2k
08-31-2004, 04:11 PM
Black electrical tape over the light and your done.

wb4lbg
08-31-2004, 11:42 PM
Black tape won't mess up your computer but pulling the fuse will make the light stay on, not go out. Only way I know of to make the light go off is to pull the bulb. Not too big a job on the 99 but don't know about yours.

My ABS has been messes up for the last 9K miles. I've learned to just ignore the light. My dealer wanted $100 just to read the code, no telling how much to repair. I have a strong feeling my problem is the speed sensor on my front left wheel. I pulled the one on the RF and it looked OK. Couldn't get the LF out. I was afraid to pry on it too much.

Anybody know what the resistance value should be on these sensors? There are at least a couple of Isuzu techs that are regulars on this board and they have been a tremendous help to many. Any takers on this question?

Thanks!

JWS
99 Rodeo LSE

Ramblin Fever
09-01-2004, 08:45 AM
Black tape to the rescue; thanka much!

Add your comment to this topic!