Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Easy Fix

Gregor
08-31-2004, 02:42 PM
Just thought I would let everyone in on a little problem which my dad encounter with his truck. He has a 98 Ram 1/2 ton. His problem was that he had a terrible moldy smell develop in the cab this year, keep in mind he bought it brand new, excellent shape low miles, stored inside. Turns out the drain for the A/C comes straight out of the fire wall and the water was finding its way back into the cab/firewall somehow. He never had this problem until this year and why all of a sudden is still a mystery, but the fix was as easy as going to the local parts store and getting a 5/8" inside diameter elbow hose and attaching it, allowing the water to drain directly down to the ground and avoiding any chance of it draining back. There is still a slight mold smell in the truck, but has improved since spraying into the air intake and vents with disinfectant occassionally. I checked my 2001 Ram 1/2 Ton and it has the same design, I am going to do this $12 fix because the smell was unbearable, it's definetly worth the money to avoid this.

Add your comment to this topic!