Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 Chevy Tahoe Hood Adjustment/Alignment

terry3001
08-31-2004, 09:35 AM
I was recently involved in a minor accident in which a produce truck in front of me slammed his brakes. The immediate damage from what I could see looked to be the front bumper was rolled up toward the grill and the bug shield on the hood was cracked. After I got home, I removed the bug shield and noticed the hood slightly higher on the passenger side directly above the headlight. I also noticed that the hood was not damaged anywhere from the accident (no dents, paint scratches, etc.) I took it to two body shops, and the guys that have worked on it said there is nothing wrong with it. I know this is not the case. You can clearly see where the front edge of the hood sticks out in front of the fender on the driver's side (approximately 1/8-inch) as where the front edge of the hood is exactly in line with the fender on the passenger side, but slightly raised in the vertical direction from the line with the fender. Can anyone tell me how I may be able to fix/adjust the hood myself?

BoatCop
08-31-2004, 05:27 PM
Take it to a Chevy Dealer. They should have their own, or a contract, body shop that specializes in these vehicles.

If there is a problem, and obviously there is, they will know how to fix it.

Add your comment to this topic!