Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Oil dripping?

GMCTank
08-31-2004, 09:24 AM
What's Happening?

I got my oil changed about a month ago.

I noticed that oil drips in the mornning when I start the truck (95 Yukon). That is the only time I ever see it!

Does anyone have or know what the problem is?

THX :sly:

GMMerlin
08-31-2004, 12:39 PM
What's Happening?

I noticed that oil drips in the mornning when I start the truck (95 Yukon). That is the only time I ever see it!

As hard as I try, I can't see where it is leaking from here.
I would recommend you look under the truck and see if you can find any evidence of a leak and its general location.
If it didn't start until after you had the oil changed, I would suspect one of 3 places..drain plug, oil filter or just some residue that they did not clean up after the oil change.

markdpro
10-04-2004, 07:24 PM
What's Happening?

I had an oil leak on my '97 that really got to me. I thought it was the front seal. It turned out to be the oil cooler line. The wire loom type plastic that it was covered in carried the oil far from the pipe/rubber joint that was leaking. Look at both hoses cafefully and peel back the loom. If it is leaking there it will spill out a few drops. Replacing the part is awkward but not difficult.

Add your comment to this topic!